How is your weather? (Part 1)

We ended up with 1.56 inches here… really don’t need anymore moisture for about 6 months. River has been high now for weeks again. I really hope it is a quiet snow year…or decade.

2 Likes

its been real wet here already. could do with a drought till’ next may. :wink:

That one gave us just about a tenth of an inch. Even tho the gutters filled right back up with leaves, there wasn’t enough rain to make a mess

I pulled the rain gauge a week ago or so, but if we haven’t got several inches of rain today I’d be surprised. Rain all day, rain all night, rain/snow tomorrow. Crazy wind as well. I am thankful this isn’t snow

1 Like

Day 2 of the wind. Steady at 25-30 mph, gusts to 50. I’m not a fan of wind…

1 Like

After days of clouds/rain the sun is out this morning…however…rain coming back this evening and then we -should-- stay dry/sunny right through the weekend…40Fs and 50fs…not bad for this time of year. Friday morning looks like the first good freeze…showing 29F. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see some snow next week…very cold shot of air… but it is temporary… looks like mild air works back in after that…

We have had 1.4" since may here at my place. About 11 inches below normal. NWS is predicting 1.5", and i am hoping they are right!!! Send y’alls extra rain down south, we would appreciate it!

Really looking forward to those 70’s and 50’s

96F in Death Valley… 91F in Los Angeles… San Fran was mid 80Fs… summer just getting going out there? Had a nice day here…53F and sunshine until the clouds moved in later in the day. Rain to the south.

Cut down all my remaining raspberry canes…they were mostly picked over at this point…a few remaining ripe berries…they seem to hang a lot longer in this cool weather.

got 2.3in. of rain yesterday. way too much for this time of year but no flooding so far.

1 Like

We are at 4.85" for the month…which is way above normal. The extended does look very dry and very chilly starting next week around here. I would think some teens are in our forecast next week. That’ll kill off everything.

1 Like

Our first frost is being predicted for tonight.

2 Likes

Calm and clear. 27 degrees when I woke up. Looks wintry next week

1 Like

Talking a little snow for Halloween - hardly unusual

2 Likes

I remember going out that Halloween back in the 90s when there was snow on the ground. Can’t remember a snowy one since but i’m sure there were. I do remember some really cold ones.

Oct31-Nov 3, 1991

Thick clouds here…although the sun should be out shortly …kept temps “mild” this morning. Tonite should be our first freeze.

@skbaer
8 minHá 8 minutos
Mais
Last night, a PG&E meteorologist said this weekend’s severe wind event could be the strongest California has seen in “years.” Now the company is saying the weather event could be the most powerful in "decades."

@skbaer
11 minHá 11 minutos
Mais
PG&E is now saying approximately 850,000 customers could lose power in the potential PSPS event this weekend starting Saturday.

Using the 3.1 persons per account estimate, that means roughly 2.6 million people could be without power.

1 Like
1 Like

Today was suppose to be nice and sunny but clouds from the south have made their way over the area this afternoon…ugh… o h well.

Next week now is looking snowy. Halloween might just end up being sloppy. All that precip should be snow.

Very likely to change, but as of right now…thru Friday… Most of it Thurs.

2 Likes

It’s rain now - headed north

Thanks Luisport. Nobody here seems to understand/care about truly extreme and unusual weather out west. In case you haven’t noticed, there’s an extreme eastern CONUS bias.

1 Like