How is your weather? (Part 1)

Soaking cold rain & wind storm moving through…it will be over by dinner time. We lucked out & avoided a heavy snowfall.

2 degrees here this morning

sunshine :sun_with_face::sun_with_face::sun_with_face: today!!!

wow…19f here…

No 60Fs here this weekend but should sneak into the 40Fs…Sunday for sure…

One 40 degree high in the ten day forecast here. Some mid 30s though. I tried to do some work in the woods yesterday. My snowshoe trails make walking easy, but once I was off the trails I broke through snow up to my knee. Spring is a long ways off here

Broke 80° here yesterday. I’m glad I fertilized everything over the weekend.
40%20PM

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if Omaha is into the 70Fs in the next 2 weeks… looks very warm around the 10th of March…

2 Likes

These are our weekly high/low the last 9 weeks.
72/26
77/36
68/31
70/26
70/26
72/21
72/27
77/31
72/21
My place is even colder at night. No wonder we bloom early and freeze out often.

It’s actually a better than average winter. A couple yrs ago our winter average weekly high/low for Dec thru Febr, 13 weeks, was 75/20. One week it was 85 high 10 low.

1 Like

Same here.

1 Like

Another 2 degree morning. It can warm up a bit any time now

Nippy today, looks like spring starting March 1. I’ve seen daffs poking up.

I doubt we see another single digit until next winter… might come close tonite (low of 10F) but after…the long range looks pretty mild/springish… Quick warm up tomorrow.

It should…even to the north. We still have decent snowpack around here…but it has receded a lot (lot of grass showing)…but still plenty of parking lot glaciers/piles.

Day 9 850mb temp anomaly showing some very warm air over the N plains… if we can mix that air to the surface…should be some nice mild weather.

1 Like

1 Like

I wondered where all the sunshine went to…you’ve got it all Stu

1 Like

Euro is going bonkers with the heat in the northern plains day 8/9/10… so something to watch. Should really see a good melt off occur.

Well we dropped to 8F this morning… so cross my fingers…that should be the last single digit of the season… Should zoom up to around 40F this afternoon.

2 Likes

Sure hope you’re right. I don’t want an early spring, but a nice, slow melt would be just fine with me.

1 Like

We have nothing to melt and the ground isn’t frozen very deep. I think the soil may be workable quite early this year.

By far the hottest day of the year for us so far, yesterday. A blistering 83°

1 Like

If things line up right…should see some really nice warm days the second week of March…

Things will warm up fast with no snow around.

1 Like