How is your weather? (Part 1)

My nect on Citation is getting yellow leaves from standing in water.

had a few thunderstorms go through this afternoon knocking the temps into the low 70’s so it feels a little better. probably got a half inch of much needed rain. everything is so green and lush. be mowing very soon. picked a few rhubarb for a snack. first fresh produce in the spring. nice fat healthy stalks. the chic compost is doing its thing.

2 Likes

More rain coming up here…

I had some nectarines (not sure the variety yet because i have grafts all over the place) that made it thru winter… I’m surprised.

Strawberries are growing so fast. I have a lot of blooms still. Big strawberry year but i worry about that heat down the road.

1 Like

you get a lot of moldy berries? here if its wet and hot i lose alot to mold. mara des bois are the worst ones. i may have to replace them with something more mold resistant.

1 Like

With all this rain and wet, I sure do worry about mold.

2 Likes

Jealous of that rain! I saw the some of the tall cloud tops of those storms way North of here this afternoon.

1 Like

Yes…that can happen. I hope we lose this rainy pattery for a few weeks but who knows.

The 8-14 looks possibly wet up here…

presque ilse and houlton got nailed by some big ones. lots of washouts in the newly planted fields due to it being so dry, the water didn’t get absorbed right away. had some damaging winds also.we got about 3/4 of a in. according to frenchville weather station. mostly in thunderstorms. what a difference in the plants this morning.

3 Likes

Going to enjoy this 3 day (sunny 70F/lows in the 40Fs)…weekend up here because the extended forecast looks more like Miami then Wisconsin. June may end up record warm if the GFS is right…unless we get some sort of pattern flip mid month. The GFS has a week of LOWS in the mid 70Fs second week of June…lol. This is going to be nuts…

1 Like

4 squirrels were running around my front yard today…this can’t be good. They were frolicking for sure. Probably trying to figure out how long those plums and peaches are going to take to almost be ripe so they can rip them off the tree and then take one bite and leave them lay for the ants… :rat:

Dewpoint is dropping…Minneapolis is 76F/40F and i’m at 73F/58F…that drier air should be slowly oozing southeast… AC turned off for the weekend. Lawn mowers will be going all across the midwest… I’m doing mine today and it is a jungle.

NAEFS this afternoon…basically record heat over all of WI/IL/IN most of MN and Iowa… Its going to be a blazer…

1 Like

hit 92f today. 0 wind. went out to collect eggs and fill the pool for the poor ducks/ geese. chiics are all spread out panting. at least i was smart enough to build their coop/ run under my big black willow. lets the sun thru in winter . shades in summer. i more day of this and 59f hi for sun. should get some more rain in the next 2 days as that cold front moves thru.

1 Like

We’re supposed to be in the 30’s Sunday and Monday night. I planted out my tomatoes, but I guess I’ll have to hold off on the peppers.

1 Like

I would cover them those nights. I’m going to move in a few tropical plants into the garage this weekend …should stay nice and warm in there. I want them to keep growing.

Winds are blowing hard in MSP out of the NW…dews in the 30Fs… looking forward to that here in a few hours.

1 Like

send it over! this heat/ humidity bites!

This crazy weather…a slice of Arctic air dropping down briefly Sunday - Tuesday. Predicted low of 39 Monday night. I wonder if any meteorologists have tried to explain our whacky weather…especially these wild swings due to a very unpredictable Jet Stream?

1 Like

Usually cold fronts lack punch by the time summer rolls in (usually just a wind shift/humidity drop) but this one still has some kick to it. Feels like fall out there this morning.

Day 10 has the mega heat ridge over the middle of the country. While the Pacific NW/Alaska stay cool.

GFS hints at a drop in 850s mid June so that should break down…still going to be a very warm stretch. My lettuce.broccoli…might as well be ripped out. I think i’ll try for fall.

The Nws did have this graphic yesterday…so it could be worse.

1 Like

Actually, fruit trees here have just begun to leaf out. I can see a few flower buds in the cluster but will likely be a week or more before they open. Perhaps not an entirely a fair comparison as I am not in Maine but in CO at 8300’. :wink:

2 Likes

It’s been coming on and off all day. Thank goodness, We were getting desperate,

3 Likes

It’s been missing us all day here… keeping my fingers crossed.

1 Like

more like northern maine. same here. my apricot and currants are just flowering. the rest is just leafing out. rhubarb is about 16in. tall. we just had 4 days of 85-90f weather that kickstarted everything here. back in mid 60’s next week. mowed the lawn for the first time.

1 Like