How is your weather? (Part 1)

supposed to bottom out thurs here as well. ill take it in the meantime.

1 Like

I think youā€™re right, and most Internet sites agree with you. Be aware that, in 1918, fresh air was thought to be curative for Spanish Flu, so thereā€™s that. If you can manage to get any sunshine at all, it has to be better than none at all ā€” even though it may not make much of a difference compared to eating well and taking oral supplements.

2 Likes

Warm and sunny in the Finger Lakes in November is not usual, and we are having a near week of it. My wife has planted over 1000 garlics, and today I mowed both the lawn and orchard. I canā€™t remember ever mowing in November before.

3 Likes

my neighbor mowed his lawn today. amazing as many heavy frosts weā€™ve had last month!

1 Like

I usually start supplementing about this time of year. I guess that is one more reason to flee the north during the winter and sun somewhere down south :desert: Set up camp in the Sonoran Desert until about March.

Raining here. Heat wave cancelā€¦for nowā€¦ GFS hints at warmth returning although not 70Fsā€¦but maybe some 60Fs.

2 Likes

I got my garlic planted today! I was disappointed by a late shipment received just a day before we got two days of 4" of snow. With this nice weather the snow melted and the soil dried enough to plant. I got Romanian Red, German Red, Music and Spanish Roja planted.

3 Likes

BREAKING New Tornado Watch issued through this evening including Milwaukee, Chicago, and Davenport. These storms will be moving fast and there also will be a damaging wind threat. Have ways to get warnings! #iawx #ilwx #wiwx

1 Like

Back to November

1 Like

We had very strong wind yesterday. One of my friends had a very large specimen Bradford in the front yard was broke by the wind yesterday. The tree only had about 3 feet stump left in the lawn

2 Likes

I saw some tornados tooā€¦

Yes,I think my friend got micro burst

1 Like

So i ripped out the majority of my broccoli/cauliflower plants a few months ago but left 2 going because one was starting to head up and one was just massiveā€¦ well it paid off because they both made nice heads. I think one is cheddar and one is just some white variety. I planted these things last Aprilā€¦ I think planting them late spring might work better and hope they donā€™t try to bolt over summer (none of mine did). Taste is great (tried the white variety).

40Fs and sunshine today. Over 1.5 inches or rain fell yesterday/little bit of snow last night. More rain tomorrowā€¦temps stay in the 40Fs.

10 Likes

Nice looking veggiesā€¦!!

2 Likes

Miss your comments!

2 Likes

@FOX46News

CLOSE CALL! A bridge in Alexander County collapsed live on-air. Flooding rains have brought dangerous conditions across the western Carolinas. Please stay safe, everyone!

@AmberFOX46

1 Like

Yikes! Shouldnā€™t nobody have been on that!

1 Like

STATE OF EMERGENCY: Dozens of people have been rescued and some are still missing after dangerous #flooding swept North Carolina.

I did a big project in Alexander Co., NC in 2012ā€¦duh.

1 Like

This is terribleā€¦

Yikes! The heavy moisture coming into the East today caused many images like this. #Sinkholes continue to be discovered as the rain totals rise. #ncwx

USA ā€“ Deadly Flash Floods in North Carolina
13 November, 2020 by Richard Davies

Around 250mm (9 inches) of rain fell in 48 hours in parts of North Carolina, causing deadly flash flooding.
Severe flash flooding was reported across North Carolina, inparticular in Alexander, Wake and Iredell Counties

and areas of Charlotte. North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) said ā€œthe rain caused hundreds

of road closures, a few interstate shutdowns and some bridge washouts.ā€

At least 3 people died and 31 were rescued after a flash floods swept through a camping ground near the South

Yadkin River in Alexander County. Three other people are thought to be still missing. In a separate incident, 1 person

died in Alexander County when flood waters destroyed a bridge. The South Yadkin River at Mocksville jumped from 3.5

feet early on 11 November to 24.57 feet early 13 November, beating the previous record high of 22.6 feet set in 1929 .

1 Like

Itā€™s a balmy 4 degrees here this morning

2 Likes