How is your weather? (Part 1)

Set record high for the date yesterday - today back to fall weather

Dry fall weather

48 degrees with a 25 mph wind this morning. It isnā€™t summer any longer

2 Likes

Much cooler in the sixties and seventies and no awful humidity! We had rain for a day and a half and fall arrived. The leaves are rustling on the grass in my orchard. A nice sound. Winter is coming. Sell my house!!!

Big thunder storms last night and dumped about couple of inches of rain. A week of cool up in the low 70s. A very good fall weather like. Trout fishing time in our stocked lakes.

Tony

2 Likes

I agree. Thatā€™s why I live down south. Thatā€™s our winter. And itā€™s already pretty nice, 70s and 80s. It only hits 100 here when the humidity is very low, like dew points below 40F. Highest Iā€™ve see in 15 yrs 102.

1 Like

Got to 86 today, but didnā€™t seem too hot. I just finished mowing the front and back yard, and it was thundering, so I got done just in time, as a squall line is moving through.

May be the last time we see the 80s in a long while, going to be more like 70s during the day, and low 50s for the nights. And tomorrow is the first day of fall, so perfect timing. And perfect weather for tending to my trees and brambles as some really need weeding and the berries need trellising.

1 Like

low 50ā€™s today. raining and windy. a raw damp day. 2 days ago was in low 80ā€™s.

2 Likes

1 Like

So much cooler, went to lunch today at the beach and there was a strong breeze. People said they were cold. Not me, Iā€™m enjoying the beginning of fall.

4 Likes

The Autumn Equinox in the NW Hemisphere will occur tomorrow, Sept. 22 at a time that varies with your location.

The Autumn Equilux (day of equal day and night) will occur a few days later ā€“ again depending on your location.

Yesā€¦ i need to high elevation or Norway. The heat/humidity really are only good for swimming and sitting in AC.

64F and sunny right nowā€¦A++++ day out thereā€¦not a cloud in the sky.

43F this morningā€¦coldest morning since May 11th (39F)ā€¦

2 Likes

supposed to hit 30f tonight 25f tom. night guess my rasps. are all done for the season.

1 Like

Too soon Moose!

high temps today

Snowing right now in Saskatoon, SK in Canadaā€¦not far south across the border in MT it was in the 80Fs this afternoonā€¦ Big temp contrast across that area of the countryā€¦

Today we drove 80 miles north to visit Janetā€™s parents in Highland CA. Midday it was 102Ā°F for several hours. Meanwhile at our home in Vista CA the high temperature was 79Ā°F.

We hit 32.9F last night. Iā€™m not ready for thisā€¦

Wow. Just wow. I think I go through this every year when weā€™re sitting at 80 w/high humidity, fighting mildew, being so thankful for air conditioning, and hear some of yā€™all getting below 40. Wow.

i remember killing frosts were common in mid/late august when i was a kid so frosts in late sept is actually rather late for us.

1 Like

Similar here. When I first moved to this place 30 yrs ago if you didnā€™t have your snow tires on at the beginning of Sept you were getting stuck as we got one or two big snows in that month. Now I often wait until Thanksgiving to put the snows onā€¦

Interestingly we started getting a second (fall) crop of raspberries from the Prelude patch. Never had that before. They usually flower and start forming but get frozen out, but there have been ripe ones now for a week or so.

But both NWS and WU are predicting 30F or so for mid next week, so I suppose the raspberries (and squash etc) are coming to an end.

Some awfully cold air to start Oct in the plains/midwest.

Central/eastern Canada is just loaded with cold.

1 Like