How is your weather? (Part 1)

It was a very nice day yesterday, cloudy and about 65. I actually had to wear long sleeves while working outside.

But, it started raining around sunset, and has been raining pretty much all morning and most of the afternoon. We already have 1.5" in the gauge with more in store. Some counties close to us are under flash flood warnings. So, fall has started out cool and wet, and it’s not supposed to really clear out until Thursday.

that time of year again. even though i cant garden i welcome the change of seasons. was in the 80’s last year at this time. broke records highs!

My fall red raspberries are just hitting peak production. Sounds like our growing season may end in a few days though.

1 Like

same problem i have here. mine have produced for 2 weeks but there are many more to ripen. the 26f we had last night may have done them in.

2 Likes

Just looking ahead here…Some wet weather thru next Monday (off and on…coolish temps) and after that some real fall weather and maybe a shot at my first frost///freeze around the 5th. Should see some days not get out of the 40F’s next week.

Worst year ever here for tomatoes (at least for me).

Lots of raspberries here but SWD is very established locally. Finding plenty of the little guys in soft fruit.

The good news is that the morning lows are going into the high 60’s. On the other hand, the humidity in the morning is 90%, dropping to 77% midday. Looking forward to cool dry weather.

1 Like

Three tornadoes touched down here in Ontario the other day with lots of damage. Hope no one lost their life!

1 Like

Thunderstorms here in southern Illinois this morning. Temperatures in the low to mid 70’s.

Forecast is calling for upper 20s on Friday night/Saturday a.m. I think I’ll cover my berries with a few painting tarps. Maybe that’ll give me a few more days of berry picking.

Rain today and tomorrow. A month too late! Fruit is gone!

NWS shows 35F here with areas of frost…hmmmm…i’ll have to move my tropicals into the garage for the night. Friday and Sat both show highs in the 50Fs.

Rain all afternoon here…big blob. Done now.

Oh man…12z gfs must hang a front up over the area next week…now its not nearly as cold but shows rain chance Sat/sun…and then monday thru Thursday SOLID rain… holy cats it looks wet again.

Send that rain to your NW about 5 hours :wink:

It sprinkled here off and on yesterday and today, but less than a tenth total in the rain gauge. I planted a bunch of red osier dogwood plugs yesterday and the ground is D, R, Y…dry

1 Like

Tornadoish weather advancing our way

1 Like

Not good😢

Overhyped as usual

Not as much rain as I’d like

Tropical Storm Rosa will likely bring us increased marine layer and cooler temperatures.

Some nighttime 50’s in sight!

It looks like Rosa could bring us a lot more than overcast skies. :open_mouth:

Some clouds kept it from freezing last night/this morning, but it sounds like that won’t happen tonight. 27 is the forecast low.

Here, frost doesn’t seem to be expected until the end of October