How is your weather? (Part 1)

Same here, Rob. Yuck and yuck. I have trees in pots that need to be planted, but the rain won’t stop.

Where are you moving to?

Sunshine most of the day today but temps in the 40Fs…very very chilly, but nice with the sun. Giant deck of clouds-=—cloud monster—incoming late this afternoon. Sunshine no more :frowning: I don’t mind cold+sun…but cold+clouds gets a little…eh.

3 Likes

Rain starts tonight and goes through Wednesday they say. Anywhere from an inch to several inches during that time. A high of 37 and a low of 27 on Thursday…hello winter my old friend :roll_eyes:

I sit here on the back porch in the twilight
And I hear the crickets hum
I sit and watch the lightning in the distance but the showers never come
I sit here and listen to the wind blow
I sit here and rub my hands
I sit here and listen to the clock strike, and I wonder when I’ll see my
Companion again

• Don Henley

Companion rain, or what happened?

These lyrics are at the end of a song titled “A Month Of Sundays” which Don Henley wrote for Farm Aid 1985. It tells the story of a guy born in the early 1900’s in the central U.S.

When I see clouds for days and days and rain never comes I think of these lyrics. And of course the last two lines are poignant for me and men on my father’s side going back generations. :heart:

1 Like

Looks like at least a Tropical Storm coming directly over my place again

:slightly_frowning_face:

This will be 3 years in a row over here. Hermine 2 years ago. Irma last year. Michael this year. Only good thing is all the old trees and dead wood are gone from the last two years…

2 Likes

Weather pattern is just garbage. Today was at least mild, but rain more or less all day…clouds///thick clouds all weekend. I would say out of the last 10-14 days…we’ve had one with actually sunshine for more then a few hours. Reminds me so much of December (very cloudy month here normally). It does look like Weds should be the end of the rain (finally)… Cold late week/next weekend. Definitely some frost (freeze?) risk in the extended late week.

Interesting watching the tropicals/subtropicals i have in containers. The Gardenia continue to bloom as do the jasmine…but the Plumeria do not like these chilly/cloud temps. The green tea and orange that i have both look fine…the green tea has some blooms on it. I also have a Heliconia (no flowers yet ///ever?) that needs to come in…not loooking too happy out there… I try to keep all this stuff outside for as long as possible because inside the mites will start partying in the dry warm house air.

1 Like

Same here, the leaves have a bit of yellow and will probably drop in a month or so.

Here’s our 10-day outlook:

Weds the rain is moving on to here

1 Like

low 40Fs for high temps both Thursday and Friday here…but sunshine…weekend FINALLY looks like a dry one.

Extended looks very Octoberish…not nearly as wet…mild…i don’t see any shot at any hard freezes in the future…maybe some light frost.

Newest NAEFS for mid/late October…showing below norm for much of the middle of country===flee to FLorida if you like hot and humid—

2 Likes

Low pressure sucks.

2 Likes

That low is bringing fall back to us

Next 4 nights should all be in the 30Fs up here.

2 Likes

Ah ha ha! Good pun, Richard.

3 Likes

Cold front has moved through here…AC has been flipped on.

Really leaning towards a solid freeze Monday morning. Probably will finish up a really soggy growing season for me.

Need to figure out what to do with my tropical pond lilly. Rapberries need to be cut. I’ll have to harvest whatever mint i can (spearmint).

1 Like

The word “snow” has been seen

2 Likes