How is your weather? (Part 1)

that is with my own tank. :frowning:

was 21f at 630am today. going to stay in upper 30ā€™s during the day for the next week. i think we will be in winter here soon.

Well, our growing season ended this morning. It got down to 29 in the pepper patch down by the barn. I picked what I could last night by spotlight. Kinda extreme, yes, but I didnā€™t want to lose the peppers. The okra and last few straggler tomato plants down the hill got bit Iā€™m sure.

It was 32.5 up here on the hill, so maybe the peppers in the upper patch didnā€™t get hit too bad. Iā€™ll probably pick those today.

I hate that it freezes so early here, especially after it was in the 80s just 10 days ago. We had to turn on the heat already, which I hate to do, but when it gets down to 60 in the house, you donā€™t have much choice.

2 Likes

Ho humā€¦just a typical warm dry stretch.

1 Like

Chilly but still no frost . The heat clicked on yesterday and took the chill out of the house. :face_vomiting:

Screenshot_20181019-111455

2 Likes

Looks like we overshot the forecast!
Summer is not going anywhere :sunny::sunny:

1 Like

Wow @Calron, your data for today is almost identical to mine!

1 Like

True, I suspect your lows is where we diverge :slight_smile:

Itā€™s been super windy today and tonight. This afternoon, my wife asked why the deck umbrella was on the roof! It wasnā€™t even up, but it was so windy, it got pulled up out of its base. Glad it didnā€™t land on the car.

Itā€™s supposed to drop to 32, but still only 42 at midnight. With it being windy and cloudy, I donā€™t think itā€™ll freeze.

Our power went out for about 10 minutes today, and has flickered a couple other times, no doubt due to the high winds. Glad I got my battery packs charged up after the first outage, might need them tonight.

1 Like

Is there a power wall in your future?

Power wall? Whatumean?

If youā€™re talking abou this, Powerwall | Tesla, canā€™t afford it right now. But, it would be nice to have some kind of backup generator.

There are several designs and competitors. Older models only utilize DC input. Newer designs attach to the bottom of your electric panel much like a generator would, except that they store electric energy to a certain capacity and then discharge it when your service provider fails.

It fersure froze here overnite - and a wild snow squall yesterday

Somebody wants it to be winter

1 Like

Rainy, breezy, windy and cold. :cloud_with_snow::snowflake::cloud_with_snow::snowflake::cloud_with_snow: feels like snow is on the way.

1 Like

upper 30ā€™s here and low 20ā€™s to tenes at night. snow flurries. going to be a early winter!

Even though our temperature is currently matching the dew point there is no moisture to precipitate.

45030010_10215294467807300_1044668906905534464_n

5 Likes

The only caveat Iā€™d add to that would be to include ā€œruralā€ Midwest. City people still freak out with a couple inches of snow in MN. Out here in the sticks the townships donā€™t even plow snow on the dirt roads until thereā€™s a decent amount. Oftentimes I have to plow a path out to the blacktop using my F250 so my wife can get to work.

2 Likes

same for rural n. east. also wind is a big factor. 2ft. of snow here w/ no wind, compared to 2ft. w/ 10-20mph winds makes a big difference!

1 Like