How is your weather? (Part 1)

On Sunday, We are expecting 3-6 inches of snow. I better clean all leaves in this nice sunny 52 degrees today.

1 Like

Haven’t seen 50F in some time here. I think we had 3 days so far this month above avg… So many cloudy days which help keep the overnight lows mild, but the days just are so gloomy and depressing. I think i understand why i see so many Florida license plates in the summer around here and now i see none :sunny:

1 Like

Lots of those around here too, as well as Arizona plates. Those are the smart folks who retire to states with far more resident friendly taxes. Lots of Minnesotans establish residency in AZ and FL and spend the winters there, then come back for the summers. Summers in MN or WI are great. MN’s taxes will eventually push us out of here.

They come to SoCal during their intense summer heat. We call them 'zonies.

1 Like

when i went to yuma, AZ to visit my son stationed there, last spring, i was amazed at how many alberta, manitoba and saskatchewan plates there were driving around there. the rv parks were full of them.

1 Like

Getting much cooler. Bring in the umbrellas from the terrace tomorrow and more soil for the citrus in the dining room where they spend the winter. I had a huge infestation this past summer of scale. Sprayed heavily with triazicide and water before they were brought into the house. Sprayed a week in advance of trees coming indoors. The scale is toast. The trees are fine. Will bring in bags of soil for them to fill out the tops for winter; fertilize and water. Should have blossoms by New Years! Still hope my house will sell!

3 Likes

Don’t see a lot of AZ but maybe i’m just missing them. Florida though…All over this past summer. I think they jump on that Florida residency for the taxes. Although Wisconsin does still have pretty cheap car registration and i’d guess insurance rates? vs Florida (i’ve driven in Miami…it was unlike anything i’ve driven in before).

86F today in Miami…lows in the 70Fs tonite (get that jacket out).

Small snow chance late week…not much…a quick inch. Dry thru the weekend…wetter next week? Slow warm up back into 30Fs (40Fs?) by Friday.

Iowa did well with snow

We’ve had very wet months from late July until now.
Tonight, the weather lady said we’ve had 20” of rain since Sept 1. So far, Worcester has had 8” of rain above normal. Wish this rain had gone to help CA with the fires.

s

Newport is right there with Providence. Ugh. Poured last night, all night long and again today and tonight.

Wow…it has been wet here and i’ve seen 13 inches of liquid since SEpt 1st…

Have you seen the drought conditions in Germany?> The rivers there are literally drying up.

About 1" of rain is predicted for our location this Thursday – we’ll see what happens.

1 Like

Another weekend low pressure system heading towards the area…looks awfully wet…should stay liquid/maybe change over to snow…Sat/Sun.

Finally a little more rain on the way. We picked up .01" so far today, with another .35" supposed to in the forecast for tomorrow.

1 Like

Incoming to the San Diego area … maybe.

Capture

1 Like

It’s been going off just south of us. It looks like SoCal is going to get a (well deserved) drenching this time. Thankfully.

1 Like

Fall has finally arrived here.

2 Likes

For sure.
I just picked my last 5 Wonderfull poms this am. Of course citrus keeps rolling along. And surprisingly a few tomatoes are gradually ripening.

Upper 50’s for the next 10 days or so.

Edit:
We got lucky, and outperformed our predicted high for the day. (no complaints, mind you)

1 Like

Same here!

1 Like

Thankfully some rain made it to our location. We received 3/4" total.

4 Likes

NIce! You guys really needed it after the last few years.
We squeezed out .67" in our rain shadowed location.

1 Like