How is your weather? (Part 1)

Sunny in the 70’s – photographing elephants at the San Diego Safari Park :slight_smile:

2 Likes

-5f right now! be -15f by morning. we are still in fall. going to be a long winter if this pattern holds. i can hear the glaciers coming down from Quebec!

6 Likes

LOL… yeah i can’t wait for the glaciers to start forming again. I live in the ‘driftless’ region of Wisconsin so we are immune (at least in the last 10,000+ years)…the glaciers stay to just the east and west… I’m sure summers would have been nice with a wind off a solid block of ice a mile thick. Probably made for some very interesting daily temp swings.

SUNSHINE :sunny: this morning. No clouds to be seen so far. Only 15F this morning. Should be a decent day.

4 Likes

Raining here…sideways…lotsa wind. Snow west of us.
“Tis a night not fit fer man ner beast”

3 Likes

3pm today at Green Thumb Nursery, San Marcos.

-10f and sunny.

2 Likes

OMG! That’s just to damn cold…

Freezing us out here!:wink:

2 Likes

thats mid sept- mid may weather here. :wink:

2 Likes

Definite spring time shorts weather here

1 Like

Got down to 18 yesterday morn, and 17 this morn. The heat has really been running a lot, and I keep it at 64 during the day, and 59 overnight. Wow, I hate the cold already, and it’s still a week or so until winter. Our electric bill for Nov was about $130, we used about 1200 kwH, more than this time last year.

Good thing is after tonight, no more freezing temps for at least a week, with highs in the 50s and dry. Wx for Christmas is supposed to be a bit warmer than normal. Fine by me.

3 Likes

I totally understand your feeling that way. Here though the cooler weather is a welcome change to most of us from the blistering heat. I have a place in West Central Florida and one extreme North Florida. The weather in the winter is quite cooler in the North of the state only 2 1/2 hours away and I really enjoy it. Fortunately it is rarely under 25-30 though and some years we never even get a frost. I do love the cool down though. I planted maples and ornamental pear trees and Robinson crabapple just so I can have some distinct color change in fall! I will say I miss the beautiful fall in Ohio. But that’s it…

1 Like

i went down to my sons graduation from the Marines at Parris island, SC, 2 summers ago in mid july. they were having a heat wave. was 100f every day with 85% humidity! i nearly died! brought back memories of my Army basic in alabama in august but was even worse! id rather be cold than deal with extreme heat/ humindity. felt bad for the construction workers , working in that. guess they get used too it.

2 Likes

A pretty sweet day for almost mid December.
Note the range in temperature for the day.

2 Likes

It was 28F this morning and it felt mild compared to the last few.

Extended looks “mildish” and very dry. Should see plenty of above freezing days. No hint of any Arctic air right thru Christmas.

4 Likes

we have a warm front moving in fri. could get above freezing for the 1st time in a month and a half.

3 Likes

Even though I complain about the cold, I don’t think I could handle the summers in the SE. I had a couple vacations in Myrtle Beach both during the Labor Day holidays playing golf. The heat and especially the humidity was so oppressive, I didn’t know how folks could live there year round. Yeah, you might get used to it, but why bother? My hat’s off to anybody who choose to live in the South.

5 Likes

We just had the longest dry stretch since August. 10 days of no rain or snow. It’s been nice but about to end.

Overnight fog and low temperature of 45°. Clear skies in the morning with dew sublimated on car windows.

1 Like

Looks like Goes17 is up and running…

11:45 cst

Clouds and clouds and some more clouds here… mild though. low 30Fs. I will take.

I had to shorten the URL because it’s a mile long…but here is a link to play with some GOES17 imagery
https://tinyurl.com/y797tz8d

3 Likes