How is your weather? (Part 1)

Got another 4" or so last night. The wind is crazy today, gusts up to 30 mph. Have some serious snowdrifts out there. Temp is dropping, supposed to be a sub-zero high tomorrow. Warming up into the 30s by the end of the week though…nice

2 Likes

60° with scattered sprinkles this new year’s eve afternoon.

8 Likes

Rain all day, changing to snow now.

Staying inside in the warm and dry

2 Likes

snowing hard w/ 30mph winds! went smelt fishing for the 1st time at my ice shack at 430 this morning . was back by 630 with my gallon limit . going to fry them up for supper. by far my favorite fresh water fish to eat!

6 Likes

Image may contain: one or more people and phone

11 Likes

-17 this morning. Supposed to be the last cold day for awhile though.

2 Likes

About an inch of snow here…areas not far south had over 6 inches…

extended Looks mild…probably 40F or better Thurs-Mon

1 Like

Wow…40’s seems very nice for there right now…

2 Likes

We started the New Year with an overnight low of 41°F.

Screenshot_20190101-094011

3 Likes

We started the New Year with 66°F at midnight, been rising ever since. Now at 74°F at 2:30…and yes, it is still raining::cry:

TFN

Wow.

2 Likes

We hit 81 in Tifton, GA. This doesn’t help my apples and pears that still haven’t dropped their leaves.

1 Like

My apple trees look like they are ready to break bud and still haven’t dropped their leaves.

TFN

1 Like

I have carrots in the ground about ready to pick. My trees seem to all be trying to decide whether to go dormant or bud. I was about to go about pruning but am concerned to do it now. It appears it will cool here in a few weeks. I’m thinking I will then.

3 Likes

My apples have given up on being deciduous.

5 Likes

Wettest year on record for: Wilmington DE/NC, Pittsburgh, Reading, York, State College, Scranton, Baltimore, Louisville, Lexington, Atlantic City, Columbus, Raleigh, Asheville, Boone, DC, New Bern, Elizabeth City, Roanoke, Wheeling, Charleston, Danville, Lynchburg, Greensboro, Elimira, Green Bay, Sioux Falls, Mason City, Waterloo…

Hopefully it drowned some pests.

3 Likes

Definitely feelin’ it. Got 1 large and 2 small dehumidifiers for the house. I had to keep the windows shut even when it was nice due the moisture this year. Never had so much mildew show up - would not have been so bad w/o air-conditioning b/c moisture condensed on the cool surfaces which created the mildew. Did lots more laundry and house cleaning to keep up with it. We usually have abundant moisture but this year was kinda over the top. Each year has it challenges that we are not prepared for, but hopefully now we’ll stay a little drier on the inside, at least.

1 Like

Pests sure aren’t going to freeze

2 Likes

Thermometer has been pegged at 24F all day. This is our second episode of freezing fog in the last week. Pictures don’t quite capture the full effect. A steady east wind built up the ice crystals all on one side of objects,

The next to last picture is my pecan tree. It’s about 40ft tall and still has about 100 lbs of pecans hanging in the tree. Can’t see them for the frost.

26 Likes

Very pretty Steve. We are in the 40s for the next week or so. I have a feeling it is going to be an early Spring with some late Frost.

1 Like