How is your weather? (Part 1)

Yup. That Warrens, Black River Falls, Tomah area gets cold. My folks’ place was about 20 minutes from Tomah.

I used to live just north of Madison. It was consistently 10-20 degrees colder at my folks’ old place than at mine.

-16 with a windchill around -25. That may be balmy compared to next weekend if the weather guessers are right

1 Like

about same here. looking at up to 20in. of snow sat. night into mon! windchill factor is -32f for the next 4 days! getting real now! going to be a gangbuster year for snow again. my poor bushes!

2 Likes

Ya, I’ve heard about the snow back east. We’ve got a few inches in the forecast on Monday, but a bigger storm missed us and hit southern MN yesterday. Good luck with the snow and cold

Supposed to be daytime 50’s and nighttime 30’s and a few 20’s. Actually our coldest weather of late 2018 early 2019 cold season…

We’re on the southern edge of the snow band, which looks like 4-5 inches, tailing off now.

Wind starting up.

We’ve been in a precip deficit and the snow cover will help, so this isn’t totally unwelcome. It’s winter.

1 Like

18-24" of snow predicted for tonight through Sunday night, then 2 nights of -12 and then 2 days of above freezing. This won’t be good for my trees…

2 Likes

1 Like

Brrrr.

We have had a good deal of precipitation in Utah this week. Not so good for my nerves (I am an elementary teacher, so we had a lot of indoor recess) but great for our snowpack. That is a huge relief because we have had drought concerns the past few years. The last storm put us at double the snowpack we had last year at this time.

2 Likes

Basements are nice (storage area for junk) but i do need to run a dehumidifier all summer to keep the moisture levels down.

Do you know of Lake Wazee then? We go there a lot even though its a drive from here.

4 inches of snow here…biggest storm i think this year…8F right now. Powder snow too…very little moisture in it.

It does snow in southern California, shown here at elevation 4500’ up to the 5700’ peak of Mt. Wilson (Baldy).

8 Likes

Looks like a postcard.

3 Likes

Awesome! I spent some time up on the summit of Baldy a few years back.

1 Like

funny to see palms with snow in the background.

1 Like

I’m just going to leave this here :dizzy_face: :palm_tree::palm_tree::sunny::sunny:

1 Like

Still raining here, about 8 hours worth off and on. But, it’s still 48, so it’ll still be a while before it changes over to snow, maybe 3am? Even then, we prob won’t get more than a couple inches.

I went outside about 5, the ground is so saturated, there’s a lot of runoff, and other places the water’s just in big puddles. I bet we’ve had at least 1.5 inches of rain. Imagine what that would’ve been if it was colder, we’d have a foot of snow on the ground.

We’ve had so much rain lately my rain gauge broke!

I’ve heard of Lake Wazee, but do not know it firsthand. My cousins had a place northeast of BRF near Merrilan and I heard of it from them.

8f would be a warm up from here. It’s currently -15 and the temp is going down big time