How is your weather? (Part 1)

Getting the same . Had these bloom already

And that’s grape Hyacinth blooming behind the Mini Daffodils…

1 Like

It was 40F this morning and its back down to 19f now…

I was able to wash the car and spray out the garage floor(sand/salt/nastiness)…

2 Likes

-3 here right now. Didn’t get above 10 all day

1 Like

A very chilly 43°f here at almost 6PM. I can see a dusting of snow in some of the mountains > 2000 ft to the south. Crazy!

Let me grab a tissue to wipe the tears from my eyes over your devastating cold :wink:

California is due for a hard freeze…like 20Fs in Los Angeles…an inch of snow in Newport Beach. Flurries in San Diego.

2 Likes

We have “San Diego Snow” every year down to the coast. It’s the petals falling off the ornamental pears!

3 Likes

Still a lot of cold air north of the border… I think Saturday morning will drop below zero…maybe -10F ish depending on the snowcover situation.

1 Like

My god…That would be simply unbearable to me…

Snow once fell on the Los Angeles coastal plain with some regularity – on average, about once per decade. Since official records were first kept in 1877, the downtown Los Angeles weather station observed measurable snowfall three times, in 1882, 1932, and 1949, and news reports recorded snowfall elsewhere in the Los Angeles Basin in 1913, 1921, 1922, 1926, 1944, 1957, 1962 – and then never again, for 54 years running.

-18 and -21 here on Thursday and Friday according to the forecast. Hope that’s the end of those temps for this winter. Kinda doubt it though

Yes, in 1962 I played outside in the snow one afternoon in Redlands, CA.

High temps today…most of the high temps around here came at or after midnite…and fell all day

70F in St Louis today…ugh… that is another area that seems to sneak in some warm temps in the middle of winter.

1 Like

Lmao!!
Well, I can tell you the excitement here from the snow weenies is palatable. NWS has been non stop all day about the “possibility” of sea level snow (that won’t stick). But if you’ve ever spent time here in Cali you’d realize we are woefully prepared for “real” winter weather in ANY stretch of the imagination. Especially with so many mountain roads and NOBODY has winter tires. It’ll make for some great pics if it materializes however :snowman::snowman:

It was a nice day in Death Valley…no rain…about 70F… a lawnchair, a book, some snacks… perfect day in the desert :sunny:

2 Likes

Slackers…death valley can’t compete with west TX. We were 73 today in the middle of a week of 70s. Just what we don’t need.

1 Like

Not really crazy. This is how it is supposed to be. Last few years of warm winters skewed our view.

Maybe, but still pretty unusual by historical averages. Livermore’s “average” yearly snowfall is 0.0". So this is certainly an outlier.
2011 was the last measurable BA snow.

We’ve had mist on 11 of the past 14 days, and the forecast is for ~0.01" to 0.1" for each of the next 8 of 10 days. Dirt is growing Moss, Vehicles are all greyish black. BLAH.

Our next few days will be in the 70’s. I hate to complain but I don’t want my trees to bloom yet.

That’s a real worry here. We may or may not get another frost but much will be lost if we do :persevere: