How is your weather? (Part 1)

I think I have six weeks of risk.

1 Like

I was referring to snow on the hills. Snow on flat land Livermore would be a big deal!

2 Likes

Is snow visible on Mt. Diablo?

The Catalina Cherry-nut tree next to our front door toppled over during yesterday’s storm. :frowning:

According to my wife (who works in San Ramon) about the top 1/4 has snow. Here in Livermore the southern hills (1500’ asl) have a fair amount.

Edit:
Just found this. This would be looking south at Mt. Diablo

2 Likes

It’s been in the 60s for the last 3 days including today, with tomorrow possibly getting to 70. But we’ll be beset with rain the next couple days, which we do definitely don’t need, as the ground is very soppy. Our driveway is turning into a mudpit in some spots.

I don’t mind the warmer weather but I don’t want too many days of this as it may cause some of the trees to start waking up. We’re still in the middle of winter, so we can’t have that happening yet. Still nice though, to not have the heat running as much as last week.

Ice storm on the way tonite

Sheesh.

More precipitation for us in Utah. Our snowpack is looking good which is great news. Last September it was reported that we had the worst drought in 10 years after several low snowpack years.

2 Likes

About an inch of snow here…some sleet mixed in… Walking in the yard will put you in a wheelchair…all the ponds turned to ice skating rinks and now its covered with a layer of snow.

1 Like

3 Likes

A low of 37°F here at 7am.

1 Like

Another chilly night for us too. 30°F overnight low.
Thankfully, only one more really cold night before more rain arrives to warm our overnight lows.

1 Like

Its like 27F and misting/raining or something… not good. Took me like 20 minutes this morning to clear my windshield. It was almost an ace ventura hang the head out the window situation…which i have done…many many years ago…when i lived in an apt and had to be at work (my boss was like the boss from Office Space…dont’ be late)… i was like 1 min late in 3 years and i still got talked to that 1 time…place shut down years after i left.

Snow elevations in the San Diego, Riverside, San Bern., and L.A. county mountains are down to 4,000 ft.

4-8" tonight and tomorrow, then lows of -17 and -22 tomorrow and Friday. The highest temp in the 10 day forecast is 17

1 Like

Snow is still hanging around on the hills

6 Likes

Probably get 6-8" of snow here in the foothills. Further up in the Mtns getting quite a bit more (feet). Cold is the the real change, -3F right now, probably will get down to -6F tonight. And close to that tomorrow too. Not all that cold compared to what the folks up north are/have gone through, but pretty cold for us these days…

Edit: Actually got down to -13F last night. Coldest night of the season so far.

GFS shows 6 to 7 inches here now…i thought we were going to miss this one…ughhhh…we just melted most of that last one. Now its coming back. Cold Sat morning too…probably -15F to -20F…