How is your weather? (Part 1)

Checking out the ice sculptures?

If time permits in the morning. We’re heading out to Chena Hot Springs for a week in hopes of aurora sightings. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

A high temp of 1F today, March 3rd, . . .you’ve got to be kidding me. Boys HS tennis season starts 3 weeks from tomorrow.

2 Likes

@subdood_ky_z6b - just in time for us to get there next week. The winter weather is following us I think. :weary: I want that 60’s weather you all had last week!

1 Like

going to ba a balmy sunny 28f today then another 6in. tom. then teens again all next week! :frowning:

1 Like

Seeing the Aurora Borealis is on my bucket list! Good luck!

1 Like

Yesterday was 37 here. We spent most of the day cutting and chipping branches of the big tree we are taking out, then we potted some bare root grapes and planted the peach and apple trees that came Fri. We quit when the snow started flying again. It is supposed to be 41 today, with the snow quitting soon.

2 Likes

-13 with a -32 windchill currently. High of -3. Awesome March so far

2 Likes

Avg hi temp is almost 40F… we won’t get out of the single digits today/tomorrow… -4F right now.

1 Like

Almost wish I had, seeing how persistent this abnormal cold and rain has been. My tree is starting to push out lots of new growth too. And no fertilizer in the soil either.

We were sent a Code Red weather storm warning for tonight through tomorrow am. Yikes!

Mrs. G.,
The upcoming low in a single digit on Wed (5F) and Thurs (9F) is a bigger concern in my area.

2 Likes

Sorry! Yeah, it’s snowing pretty hard here now, but we probably will only get a couple inches at the most. It’s been snowing longer north and west of us. They’re saying around 14 tomorrow and Tuesday night, but a slow warm up by the end of the week but with more rain.

Y’all have a safe trip.

2 Likes

Poor you, we’re not getting that. Hopefully the 5-7 inches of snow due here will turn to rain again. Fingers crossed. I think our winter now starts in March!

1 Like

Nevermind… It was cold today.

Just looking thru the winter review (climatic winter///DJF) …

Notice how wet winter has become here the past few years…
wetwinter

3 out of the last 4 winters have been top 10 wettest since record keeping began here (late 1800s). You would imagine this pattern should end soon and probably flip back towards a drier one (one would hope!).

3 Likes

From Fairbanks to Chena Hot Springs. Currently 19°F :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Just had close call from 2 separate tornadoes. Wild weather in the southeast!! Now it’s going to get down to the mid 20’s…

TFN

1 Like

13 degrees here and still falling. Hope you get to see the lights, looking forward to that some day

1 Like

Got snow tires?

8 Likes