• 6 AMPartly Cloudy46°
  • 7 AMMostly Cloudy47°
  • 8 AMMostly Cloudy47°
  • 9 AMMostly Cloudy51°
  • 10 AMMostly Cloudy55°
  • 11 AMMostly Cloudy58°
  • 12 PMMostly Cloudy60°

Wednesday

SunnyPrecipitation: 0%0%78°47°Sunny with a high of 77 °F (25.0 °C). Winds variable at 3 to 6 mph (4.8 to 9.7 kph).Night - Mostly clear. Winds variable at 4 to 7 mph (6.4 to 11.3 kph).

1 Like

So much for relying on the forecast to make the spray schedule

About a year ago I was hearing bluebirds. It took me another few days to finally see one. No robins here yet and obviously no bluebirds either.

Still quite a bit of snow here, but it is slowly disappearing. This slow melt has been fortuitous locally. I fear it won’t be so great for folks down stream as all this snow turns to water.

1 Like

Yup…the St Croix, MN and other rivers still have a ton of melt water to send down south. River here is sitting over a 11 feet and forecast to go above 12…lots of eagles on the ice earlier… The top river crests here all come after April 10th…so history suggests we still have to wait and see.

2 Likes

i fear thats coming here in the very near future. were too late in the season for this to not melt fast . once it really warms its going to go quick.

Well, I found out how brown (or not) the Metro is for myself. It’s pretty brown, at least compared to 2.5 hours WNW. There’s still snow in wooded back yards, but there’s a whole lot more open ground down here than snow covered. Pretty much from the time I hit I94 in Sauk Centre, there was less snow than at our place.

Melt city this afternoon…took a bike ride and the water is flowing like rivers down some of the streets. Mostly down to snow piles now. River is mostly open too. I stopped by a storm drain and it sounded like rushing rapids under the street. About 48F here…all sun. Not a lot of wind…

Pot hole crews were everywhere again this morning. The amount of damage done to the roads this year is epic. I still saw a few craters here and there.

1 Like

same temps here but still only a dent in what we have. rain and another 6-10in. of wet snow starting tonight into sat. am. not what i wanted to hear.

1 Like

Looking at this flood situation…we do not want any heatwaves in the midwest… let this remaining snow melt as slow as possible. Next Thurs looks like the next shot at 60F… although it doesn’t stick around.

2 Likes

Got home last night after spending the day in Madison, WI yesterday. The snow is pretty much completely gone in Madison. Lots of standing water down there. There was definitely some melting here yesterday as I’ve got more exposed ground now than I did on Weds. afternoon.

1 Like

These daffodils are thinking its spring!

5 Likes

That’s almost funny…daffodils have been blooming for a week or two in Kentucky.

But they may have gotten a few bruises yesterday. We had some thunder and lightening, at 45 degrees, and then some hail around 4 p.m. yesterday west of Mt. Vernon, KY.

Even here we are mostly down to piles. Even what was my huge glacier out front is just a soft crusty mound now and should be gone this weekend. Most of my backyard is grass.

Have a bunch of tropicals outside today…sprayed them with the hose. Sitting at 50F right now. NIce day…not a cloud in the sky.

Going with 57F tomorrow…think we’ll just come up shy of 60F. Need to watch netx Thurs/Fri…one of those could///should top 60F.

2 Likes

We have a fresh 6" of snow and a solid 2 feet under that. It’s gonna be a while before we see daff’s…

4 Likes

I had a t-shirt and insulated hoodie on today while pruning trees. I had to remove the hoodie towards the end as I was getting overheated :grinning: Sunny and all the way up to 45 with no wind, just a beautiful spring day

5 Likes

It’s been a long and cold winter In Southern Ontario. Happy to report the sun has returned!
25%20PM

10 Likes