How is your weather? (Part 1)

I put my citrus out already

12z pushes heavy snow into the Dakotas…low track basically is now over my head… so it has moved hundreds of miles south (last night) to far north (this morning) to now back south… yeah.its all over. The one things though is that all the models do have a strong system in the area and that should mean lots of precip…which none of the area really needs with still very high water levels…

I’ve still been following the Oroville Dam some…i see they opened the new spillway to water flow. That was a pretty massive project they did in a quick amount of time. Hopefully its all good now.

I think citrus are pretty hardy? I have a seedling grapefruit that is about 3feet tall now.

My gardenia must like the longer days… lots of new flowers forming. The big plant though burnt its leaves the other day…my banana also has some burning on its leaves, as does the fig. I need to repot a bunch of stuff…

The plants are - the fruit less so

I think

A few of my potted strawberries in 1 gallon pots are pushing new leaves after spending winter in the garage. A good sign.

Looks like mid 60Fs will be about where we get today…still feels nice.

Trees are in bloom and we are getting quite a bit of rain, I hope the pollinators can persevere. Chance of T-storms later this week…

still below average at low 40’s melting has slowed. big storm by weds. supposed to drop 8-10in. winter isn’t done here yet.

Below average highs. 50’s for the next three days. Will finish pruning! And no wind!

1 Like

43 and raining. I can almost see a bit of greening out there (it may be my imagination)

2 Likes

The high temperature at La Crosse Regional Airport on April 6 was 71 degrees. This was first time that the temperature had reached or exceeded 70 degrees in 2019. This normally occurs around April 9. Last year this occurred on April 23 (71 degrees). The last time La Crosse was 70 degrees or warmer was October 10 when the high temperature was 74 degrees.

Almost 6 months between 70F readings… yikes. Reminds me of how crappy this climate is.

58F this morning. Went outside with a tshirt on and wasn’t cold. Large band of raining moving up from the south.

GFS gives us a foot+ of snow late week…

We had a nice winter. Only 30 days at 70 or above. Last winter it was 45 days. The cold does help protect your trees from spring freezes by keeping them dormant. I’ve had freeze injury in Febr, March, and April and still may have more.

Move NNW 5 hours and see how you like it :crazy_face:

1 Like

Its tough living up here.

Summer shows up and winter fades so fast from the memory. 2 months and the pools will be open.

Drained my small pond (rubber 10x10 liner). Full of leaves. Bought some more hardly lily pads…i have 3 now in pots that i just set on the bottom and 1 tropical lily in the basement.not sure if that one made it or not. The one from last year overwintered fine in the pond (i left water in it all winter) …its even showing some green.

1 Like

Noticing a lot of pushing of buds too. Nothing looking dead yet. The next week to 10 days will at least give me some initial idea of how hard winter hit the stonefruit.

Sprayed copper today too.

Storm still showing massive amounts of snow ot the west… mostly rain/slop/sleet/snow for this area.

won’t see 70’s here until late may/ june!

1 Like

Just a heads up, they are forecasting a storm that hits here next Wed which has the potential to setup similar to the cyclone blizzard of a few weeks ago. Models are all over the place now, we went from 6-12" to 1-3" but who knows what or if it will be. We will have to see where this storm tracks.

1 Like

Good for you…I have already cleaned some ponds. Eight more on the schedule.

70Fs today and hurricane force winds and probably snow on the ground by Friday/Sat… trees aren’t that far along yet to bloom…so hopefully the cooler weather the next few days will put a halt to further movement.

12z euro moves a low from Se NE thurs to mid Iowa fri… then shoots it quickly into NE Canada… Snow almost a given now…how much who knows…although 6 inches or more is looking likely for my backyard.

pure blasphemy! :wink:

1 Like

Yeah…its 77F right now out there. Up and down…up and down… spring in the midwest.

1 Like