How is your weather? (Part 1)

I’m further south than anywhere in CA or AZ. This is todays mid afternoon temperatures.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

No shorts here in Newport, RI. Still a chill in air (cold when there is a breeze) but when the sun is out, and I am trimming, with my new fab lawn trimmer, its hot. Vest comes off, I leave my hat on and its beautiful!

1 Like

New Mexico/Texas/N Mexico look to win across the N Hemisphere this afternoon when it comes to temp anomalies (the bad kind :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep. Total anomaly. 82° in my backyard - Long Beach/LA/Santa Barbara mid 60’s. Weird!

When it’s 95 degrees warmer than your coldest winter temp…it’s shorts weather :wink:

5 Likes

60 degrees…time to drag the flannel back out.

2 Likes

Good point!!
lol

1 Like

It was supposed to be dry today!

1 Like

It is raining and cold in upper40s. More rain in the forecast. Ground is already saturated, I am worried the trees can’t take it any more and start the root rot

Same here…it has been a mix of sun and clouds but windy and chilly…and we did have a few sprinkles with a couple of the darker clouds.

Next week looks MUCH warmer… should be in 80Fs by late week.

1 Like

Clouds clouds clouds…s.tarted the day nice and su nny but that didn’t last long.

1 Like

Today’s high is 74, low of 51. A beautiful, sunny day! I need to go do some work in my berry patch and check my bees we hived to see if they have released the queens and enjoy the sunshine.

A high of 40F today. Makes me a bit nervous about tonight’s temps, my Colette is ready to bloom, but holding tight because of our continuous cool temps. Starting to look like it will be in bloom while I’m gone. Looks like temps begin to warm up the day we leave. I still have veg starts in the grow box because the nights are too cold for the little portable cold frame I have.

We did manage to break into sun but only seeing 61F or so… Not a bad day…beats rain i guess. Still looks like California warmth will be heading this way late week.

I swear the seed that comes up in my garden is growing faster then the transplants i put in… I really have to use low tunnels more… My sunflowers in 1 gallon pots that i’ve kept in my low tunnel are growing excellent and need to be put into the ground.

same here . i want to up pot my peppers and put in the greenhouse but afraid to shock them with our 30’s nights lows.

1 Like

We had two and a half days of sun in Newport, RI allowing for the rest of the plums, all of the peaches to be a buzz with various types of bees. Didn’t see any honey bees, but the first mason bees were out this past week. Now again 4 days of rain in a row or cloudiness (pretty much rain). The apples are now starting to open and they will be in time for sun this coming Thursday, which will only last for maybe three days but the temps will jump up to six 70 degrees F. Hottest this year! I expect buckets of plums. Bought extra Surround, just in case the curcs are crazy this year. My cello bags, thank you Mamuang; arrived Saturday. They are in the potting shed waiting to be unboxed. So excited. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I always have to cut ny bread vags to size. Never ready out of the box !!

Trough out west/ridge in the east…should be a mild//above norm temps to finish out the month…

3 Likes

Models still showing 80Fs moving in late week…Next weekend could be iffy though…a warm front is somewhere in the area===so rain is a good bet…could actually feel like summer…with dews probably going into the 60Fs…