How is your weather? (Part 1)

I can 100% guarantee you that at least some women wear thongs up here … rare for sure, but my eyes don’t lie. Not sure about dudes…try not to look! but i’m sure it happens…but yeah…its not Miami Beach.

78F today… temps dropping and dews are dropping back. Noticing the black raspeberries are just opening first flowers. Rain Thurs/Fri… River back above flood stage. Beautiful summerish weekend coming up.

1 Like

having good A/C is key…the heat is usually the worst in the early afternoon, then when the sun goes down it’s cooling off a bit…mid to upper 80’s…with a breeze and low humidity that’s really nice…

oh we’ve got lots of snowbirds, but usually they’re passing through on their way to south Florida. Canadians in particular seem to like it down there.

How’d you make out last night?

Another day with highs in the 50s. I’m sure there’s been cooler springs, but I sure don’t remember them. Burr oaks here are just starting to bloom, so they have no leaves. Big tooth aspen about the same. I swear we’re close to a month behind “normal”

1 Like

Well, I have a Niedzwetzkyana apple almost big as a golf ball…and pie cherries all got picked a week ago by the birds…left me 4 cherries.

Sun went a way for a day, just overcast but still in the high 50’s pas low 60’s. Typical May weather in Newport, a little more on the chilly side. Not a good day to spray.

Well the week isn’t over yet, but it would seem that the forecast this guy gave turned out more or less as stated. We had cold weather in the Rockies (maybe a foot of snow my me which is melting, latest measurable snow in Denver in like almost 1/2 a century) and severe thunderstorms, tornadoes and the rest of it in the midwest.

Whether you like or dislike the reasons he attributes this mass of arctic air moving over the US, it did seem to happen. Probably bears watching to see if this becomes a more regular occurrence (like Polar Vortex) or if it just a one off. Anyway time will tell.

dodged the bullet! no damage i can see. i covered what i could. left the alpine strawberries out and they looked good today.

1 Like

low 60’s here today but more rain and low 50’s coming. no 70’s in the 7 day forecast. ill never get my garden planted!!

1 Like

Our dew point went from 4 to 61 in 20 minutes time. That’s the dry line swinging back and forth.

https://w1.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KE38.html

1 Like

Has been realtively dry and warm here, we had to take to the water hose to our garden plots as we’ve had almost no real rain since planting last Friday. We got a shower this morning, so that should help get things going. Saw a few sprouts today of cukes, beans, okra, peas, no corn is up yet.

I’ve been watching the severe weather back home on the various channels, has been a rough week for them. My aunt and uncle had a tornado pass within a couple miles of their place in NE OK Monday night. She messaged me, said they had some roof damage and limbs down, very fortunate it wasn’t worse. They had warnings and got in their storm shelter before it hit. The Arkansas River in Tulsa could hit its second highest flood levels ever in a couple days. Hopefully this moves on and they can dry out. Think my hometown in that area got over 7" in a day or so.

Saw that SW and central Missouri got hit bad last night, said an EF3 tornado hit Jefferson City, lots of damage. Don’t know if they were talking about that twister, but said it was on the ground 80 minutes! Wonder how @Derby42, @Bede, @Borer_the_explorer, @Ahouse422 and others are doing there.

1 Like

I’m ok, pretty wicked storms but nothing severe an hour east of KC. Hope everyone else is ok.

1 Like

The worst of the storms went a ways North of here. It’s been a weird spring. Temps have been pretty cool and really wet following the wettest winter in decades. We’ve only had minor flooding this spring despite all the rain. I keep telling people that this must be what it’s like to garden in England or Seattle. I asked an old timer at church about his tomatoes a few weeks back and he joked that he was thinking about pulling them out and planting rice.

1 Like

I feel like a paddy farmer whenever I step down into my lower yard

squish! squish!

1 Like

We got rain almost every day past week and more rain in the coming week. Ground is very saturated, I am worried about the trees might not be able to take it any more. Any magic words I can use to pray not to rain?

its been the same here. luckily we had a dry spell at the beginning of may that allowed the water levels to come down. yesterday we had our 1st sunny day in 9 days. back to rain again today and for another 5. i haven’t planted the garden yet as i think the seeds would rot.

Raining here…storms maybe later. 1/4 inch so far. Heavy rain possible Monday… Should easily top 5 inches of rain again for the month.

Very hot in the east/southeast for 1st week of June–…cold out in the plains… probably seasonal//up and down in these parts. I’d imagine the storm track will slide right between these 2 features so rain rain rain along with some severe?

1 Like

Just a little further west and you could have your dry air back. Nice and juicy though to your east…love me some mid 70F dews…banana growing weather.

2 Likes

Over 5" here already, with another storm on the horizon - probably the one you have now

The whole Mississippi watershed is flooding

Yeah…south of here has got more then I do this month… Look at Kansas though…this is compared to norms…