How is your weather? (Part 1)

in the mid 50’s and showers. very warm for this time of year but forecasted to cool off big time next week.

1 Like

76F today! Loving it!

2 Likes

-10.5F last nite with snow. The snow is over now and it is very sunny, but the cold temps are lingering for another day or so; highs today +15F

2 Likes

Record snowfall for the date + again tomorrow

1 Like

Missed out on all of it here. It has been clouds and 30Fs all day though. I ripped out my last plants yesterday because everything is done here. My sweet cherry is shedding its leaves…they don’t really change color…they just fall off. Monday night into Tues looks wet but temps look too warm for snow…maybe a mix or just a cold rain… late next week the model drops a massive cold high pressure into the plains…could see some snow out ahead of the cold…it’s going to feel like winter when that moves thru.

Was just reading Denver set another record cold temp…amazing for Oct…

denveroct30

One final record is expected Thursday morning when the combination of clear skies, mainly light winds, and snow on the ground allows temperatures to plunge below zero along the Front Range. If the temperature manages to drop below -2° early Thursday, the all-time record low for October in Denver will be broken. That record was set on October 29, 1917.

One other insane ob this… Old Faithful weather station in Yellowstone registered -27F this morning. Yikes.

2 Likes

Wow thats crazy! Your cold is blowing into our prairie and tonight here in central kansas we are predicted to get 16, crazy for october!!!

But my strawberry patch is ready for production next summer!!

1 Like

global warming my butt! with the way this weather is going in the winter, it seems to be getting colder across the northern tier of the country at least.

4 Likes

I’m in Wisconsin where really it hasn’t been too bad. Just lots of frost and upper 20Fs to mid 40Fs the past week. Late next week i think we’ll be talking teens and maybe even single digits…

I’m still covering some strawberry plants outside nightly because i don’t know what i want to do with them yet (put them inside under grow lights or let them go dormant).

1 Like

Ok yeah so you are in WI. Nice berry idea! Yeah if they are everbearing you may get indoor fruit. I like how the plants multiply!! I went from a handful of plants a year ago to a nice thick 25 ft row and another 4’x5’ patch and 2 more 25 ft newly establishing rows of young plants in just one year with little effortand if I had pushed a little more I easily could have harvested baby plants for two more rows if Id wanted to!!

1 Like
2 Likes

It is 70 currently in my part of Kentucky…but our first freeze is expected later tonight. Brrr.

Rainy for over 24 hours, but followed by cold front, winds, and clearing skies.

“only” 6F this morning in Denver…so no all time record for October… Way too windy…air was probably well mixed.

Clouds and 30F here this morning.

Naefs pretty much agrees with this…second week of November the core of the cold looks to be sitting over Wisconsin…we shall see what that brings.

there is no excuse for this in October:

![IMG_4754|640x480](upload://dbvNIMG_4756 EWfnuJBbpF8vgiPR2EgyuL7.jpeg)IMG_4754

If it weren’t for global warming, the leaves wouldn’t still be on the trees at the end of October, causing tons of broken limbs on the ground.

Record cold coming overnite here, tho

A crazy chilly 34° low overnight here. The whole West is freezing (for now)

Just had friends leave who live in SF, CA. Not too happy with the fires. They have allowed friends to live in their house who had no where to go while they are in France. Still in the seventies here with rain. Mrs. G

I had a layer of ice on my little pond this morning. No snow yet around here but the forecast does show something…maybe a mix of rain and snow…not s ure about accums… that would be tomorrow/tomorrow night. Rain monday… then maybe accumulating snow next thurs…but that is way out there…

Friday morning then we get some of that Denver cold…