How is your weather? (Part 1)

its amazing how fast it all goes in as little as 2-3 weeks once it really warms.

1 Like

We don’t have the snow melt, but we can sure feel the intensity. You can see just how much higher the sun angle is now compared to the winter equinox. Almost 20° higher!

1 Like

Oh man…mowing gets old up here…trust me… With all the rain we’ve had the past few years…basically every week i think i was out there mowing from late spring until fall… i think i’d rather have sand and cactus :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My buddy who had a small heated greenhouse on the east side of the state…had various subtropical plants… he said around mid Feb everything would just start waking up…even with keeping it warm…in the depth of winter he saw very little growth…part of that is probably all the cloudiness we get in late fall/early winter.

65F here Sunday! People are going to be outside like crazy…i already saw quite a few people in shorts this past weekend walking/jogging…

1 Like

lol

Not gonna happen. I’ve had years here when I couldn’t get a shovel in the ground to plant evergreen seedlings in early May. Never mown lawn here earlier than around Memorial Day

1 Like

I’m not surprised. Yeah, I was half joking regarding the mowing. I’ve noticed the same thing. Even though our winter daytime highs are well warm enough to grow new grass, things slow to a crawl (never stop). It’s only the second half of January with the slightly longer days is when things start to really move. This is a photo from a local hiking trail from mid January. You can see how all the wild grasses have started to go nuts!

4 Likes

Looking around…basically all areas exposed to sun have no snow now…except for piles from plows… Should lose about all of it over the weekend. River should really start coming up too.

41F with sun…

I give this winter a solid B … not that cold, snow was very spread out so got breaks… Worst part was probably the cloudy stretches but lately we made up for that.

2 Likes

70F in Omaha…

74F in Rapid City…

mid 50Fs around here… some high clouds now too… tomorrow hopefully should add 10F to that… cooler then for next week.

44 here right now. I’ll take it

1 Like

56 degrees and raining.
Haven’t had significant rain since early January so it is welcome

1 Like

It has been a welcomed reprieve for us here in NorCal, hasn’t it?

1 Like

Yes! I was rushing to get my last few trees in this morning before the rains came. Decent amount too

2 Likes

Low 60Fs here but with the hurricane force winds…not that great out there. It is getting rid of all the remaining snow piles so that is nice.

Rain moves up here tomorrow…maybe 1/4 inch… then cooler …

1 Like

Hit 50 today, felt amazing. Wore shorts for the first time in quite awhile. One day reprieve though. Back to the 30s tomorrow.

1 Like

Looks like March in central MN

1 Like

Here’s March in N Florida…

3 Likes

I won’t lie. Your March weather looks a heck of a lot better than my March weather

2 Likes

We hit 65F here…really wasn’t warm though until about 3pm when teh winds went down some.

That is probably it for 60F+ for a week or 2… although lots of 40Fs/50Fs… so shouldn’t be all too bad…avg right now are still in the 30Fs for here (for highs).

1 Like

Watching the news out of the cities this morning and the ground was free of snow on all the traffic cam shots. I assume snow there (LaCrosse area) is gone? Still anywhere from 0-16" on the ground here, depending on exposure/location.

I’m in the north metro and we still have snow on all 10 of our Highschool tennis courts