How is your weather? (Part 1)

been dry and fairly warm . upper 40’s low 50’s and alot of drying wind. will be nice to get the rain thats coming fri …one last 3ft. snowbank left behind the garage. dogs been rolling in it to cool off.

3 Likes

May Grey has hit San Diego a little early. After almost a week of mid- to high-80s, we’re back to more seasonable weather, but today and yesterday were quite overcast through the morning.

1 Like

Wonder how they adjust for the 4 inches we got since noon today?!!

Looks like we’ll end up with a dry April up here…about 50% of normal for the month. I’m hoping the dry trend continues right thru summer.

Been dry here all month but raining all week now to make up for it.

That wind today was no fun.

Noticing up in Southern Alaska its been mid 50Fs there the past few days…with the extended staying about the same. Days are long… Anchorage sunset is at 10 pm right now…

2 Likes

69F this afternoon with a slight north wind. Planted some beans…need to get some other stuff in the ground. Looks like a fantastic weekend coming up with temps in the mid 70Fs… Should cool off by next Monday back into the 50Fs…so i’m still waiting to plant the ginger out…soon.

Will plant beans as soon as the mud dries out a bit.

1 Like

65, sunny, and winds under 5 mph. I sprayed dormant oil and copper this a.m. Felt like summer to me. Actually, it’s way too warm for this time of year. There’s a legit 2 weeks until average last frost date.

2 Likes

I planted a tropical plant in the ground yesterday…but its a very sheltered/warm south facing spot.

Took a 10 mile bike ride…lungs were on fire. First ride this year. I think i need an electric bike.

Should see low 70Fs for the next 3 before the cool down next week…with lots of rain chances.

1 Like

Sorry NE but the cold just doesn’t want to let up mid month…at least compared to seasonal norms. Heat stays out west.

Next weekend gfs drops some chilly/coldish air into the midwest… probably some 30Fs back in the cards…hopefully we can stay away from frost.

Globally it looks like some fall chill for S Australia…chilly in N Europe… a heatwave for SE Asia (hot in Thailand) and Siberia looks to have a nice spring warm up…

ours is the 1st week in june.

1 Like

Is this an early indication of a “La Nina” pattern at the Equator in the Pacific Ocean?

1 Like

They show enso neutral right now and that should continue into the fall. The surface waters are warm but subsurface temps are below normal… What this all means i don’t know.

Already mid 60Fs here…should close in on 80F today…that would be a first.

2 Likes

Just looking ahead…yikes…for may 11… looks like what is remaining of the polar vortex (is it still called that this time of the year…who knows)…wants to aim its cold cannon at the northeast…brr… looks like my plants will be making more moves in and out. We get brushed with that chill as it moves east of here. Desert southwest bakes…100F in Phoenix… They’ll be rushing the beaches in S Cali.

-8C this time of year…that could be frost in areas.

2 Likes

Wonder how frost effects the curculios. No fruit for them to infest.

2 Likes

Afraid I’m likely to find out at the end of the week.

1 Like

How accurate you think this map will be?

I just moved my potted figs and fruit trees out of my garage and uncovered my in-ground fig!!!

Euro is usually the most reliable–but can always be changes especially a week out. Are you in a cold spot? Probably a good idea to watch that forecast as we get closer. Couple of things going for us is time of year…days are very long…ground temps should be warmer…

Couple of airports…definite shot at some low/mid 30Fs…

Worcester
http://wxweb.meteostar.com/sample/sample.shtml?text=KORH

http://wxweb.meteostar.com/sample/sample.shtml?text=KCEF

This year produced the record breaking April in MA. This April had not a single day of temp that reached 65 F. There were only 7 out of 30 days that temp was above average of those days. The rest was below average. Lot of rain as well.