How is your weather? (Part 1)

Just looking at around here, it looks very warm (for time of year) starting about midweek next week and then continuing for a solid 5-7 days…probably 80F to 85F ish… Only solid is this time of year the nights are getting long so it should cool off nicely every night.

Cold front pushed thru here this morning/winds been out of the north (gusting pretty good) all afternoon. Smoke isn’t so bad today…can actually see blue sky again.

2 Likes

Another GOM cane and another Bermuda cane next week…

1 Killed in Alabama as Sally Pushes Inland; National Guard Called in to Assist in Florida

The death of a man in Orange Beach, Alabama, was blamed on Sally.

Hundreds of people have been rescued in Florida and Alabama, local authorities said.

A section of the Pensacola Bay Bridge in Florida collapsed.

More than 2 feet of rain fell in Pensacola.

More than 500,000 homes and businesses were left without power.

Last week of Sept into early Oct looks awfully warm in the N central plains. Probably some record heat. No real cold anywhere in the country. Most of the cold is over W Europe.

46F here overnight… Going to have to start moving plants inside the next few nights.

@PowerOutage_us

572k customers remain out across the Southern #USA. 517 from #HurricaneSally and, three weeks later, 55k remain out from #HurricaneLaura. Check https://poweroutage.us for more #PowerOutage info! [2020-09-17 9:31 AM EDT]

Is very smoky here. Puget Sound region
Still getting up to the mid 70s.
Mostly dry.

WOW! Did you saw how this bridge got with Hurricane Sally?

Cloud monster moved back in this afternoon…temp stuck in the low 60Fs.

Frost watches out just east of here. Local is calling for 41F. I’ll have to do the plant shuffle once we lose this light. Freeze watches far north.

1 Like

same here for the next 3 nights then a warm up. lows forecasted in the upper 20’s.

Yes, enjoy the cool week upcoming…it gets warm end of Sept and most of Oct.
40’s in KY at night likely.

Weather quite pleasant and fall-like, but last week’s 4" of rain didn’t break the drought and no more forecast.

2 Likes

Hot weather here in San Diego, CA. 97F/11% humidity yesterday, and more of it today. Add to that the sky has been full of smoke for the past 14 days (Valley Fire).

1 Like

Today we got here a sub-tropical storm with flash flood and even two tornados that made a lot of damages… very unusual here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=11&v=9Jw-8T6-zVA&feature=emb_title

1 Like

Feels like mid October up here…temp right around 60F even with sunshine. The smoke cleared out of here yesterday. First blue skies in awhile.

40F this morning… one more to come tonite and then a stretch of much warmer weather. Should flirt with 80F most days next week if not a few degrees over.

1 Like

The 10 day really doesn’t show much rain. Dry pattern setting up again.

43F this morning but a brisk south wind really kicked up early and the temp is moving upwards so that was probably it for the cold for the next 10 days to 2 weeks… Next weekend shows low 80Fs still around here. Probably snow in October :snowman:

1 Like

Weather is back to normal for now. Smoke has been blown away, thank God!

4 Likes

I was shocked when I went to my garden to find it had froze there since I had been there 48 hrs. earlier. No frost at home here.

We definitely had a frost last night…no hard freeze yet. Tonight may go lower than last night…then a warm up. My house looks like a greenhouse with 3 planters of peppers and all of our flower containers. I wasn’t quite ready to declare defeat yet…it’s still officially summer!:sunglasses: We should get at least a couple more weeks of decent weather.

1 Like

hit 24f this morning even my beet greens are toast . too bad as after tonight its supposed to get into the upper 60’s and upper 40’s at night. oh well will start growing stuff in my grow room in nov. that will give me something green to fuss over until spring. :wink:

3 Likes