How is your weather? (Part 1)

We got lucky and had 33 deg, they predicted 30. I now wish I hadn’t picked my peppers and tomatoes. Warm weather is predicted for the next two weeks.

I had 23F this morning. When i looked out there was a robin sitting at the bird bath trying to figure out how to get a drink (it was frozen solid). Long nice warm up … Some are showing 70F Friday.

3 Likes

Lotta yard and garden cleanup will get done

1 Like

It’s calcium chloride salt, I believe. It works at a much lower temperature, and lasts longer, but it’s extra corrosive. It’s also less likely to ruin wells, aquifers, trout streams, etc. I make sure to get an underbody car wash at least once a month in the winter, and after every storm where they salt. Makes a huge difference in preventing corrosion.

1 Like

Snow squall here today. We’ve had at least a little precipitation almost every day the last two weeks. After our super dry summer, we’re finally getting some precipitation.

yep. thats the stuff. couldn’t remember the name. i also do the underbody wash as well. I’ve heard the opposite about it. maybe people spinning it because of the slush it makes on the road which sometimes is worse than the ice.

in the upper 20’s with a 20mph wind with gusts to 30. feels like jan.! supposed to warm to the mid 50’s the next 7 days thank God! too early for this! poor chics are nearly featherless in the middle of their molt.

1 Like

It really did feel like January today! Will be nice to get a reprieve over the next week before we start marching head on toward winter.

1 Like

We have a near 60 degree day today and next coming 6 days. No complains here. I moved my potted ginger out again.

Temps topped out at 67.5°F here, today. I brought in my irrigation hose. There was at least one recent autumn without any weather warm enough for me to do that.

Hit 74F here today. Way overperformed from forecast. This should move east.

3 Likes

This weather is A+++… Went for a 15 mile bike ride yesterday…temp right around 70F with no wind. Today around 74F again… should stick thru Sat/Sun and then rain Monday.

Mowed, buried a fig tree (looks like a i buried a body), cleaned up a bunch of stuff…chopped some trees.

If only his weather couldn’t stick around for 3-6 more months.

6 Likes

mid 50’s and sunny. no wind. been doing the same. got chic coop cleaned out . painted my tree trunks white. mulched them a second time. organized the shed and garage. t-shirt weather here. :wink:

4 Likes

Same here. Continued mulching blueberries in short sleeves. High 60s today.

2 Likes

76 here today. Just crazy. I have clover plots putting on new growth after seeing multiple lows in the 20s, at least one night in the single digits, and over a foot of snow. Firearm season starts tomorrow for deer in MN. I fear there will be a lot deer killed and wasted due to the temp. I hope I’m wrong

1 Like

Massive heat dome over the central US … Cold air does look to move south but should modify some as it gets here. Stays mild here thru Monday (probably 70F again)…then maybe back into the 40Fs. …still nothing more then normal or so. Cold stays far to the north across AK/Yukon…east coast continues to bake.

75F today which is a new record. So weird when its this warm, but it gets dark at 5pm.

4 Likes

One way or another deer season is ‘in’ in Kentucky…I saw 7 splattered on I-75 just on a 38 mile stretch, yesterday. All fresh since I traversed the same stretch on Wednesday.

2 Likes

Cold front comes in Tues, bringing still-needed rain

Drove I-80 Des Moines to Omaha and back last night. Saw several standing by the road and lost count after 20 dead. With those deer exploder bumpers on semis, sometimes all you see is a red smear of deerburger on the road. As the corn comes out they have no place to hide and it is the rut.

1 Like

ETA MOVING AWAY FROM THE CAYMAN ISLANDS AND TOWARD THE COAST OF CENTRAL CUBA… …HURRICANE AND STORM SURGE WATCHES ISSUED FOR SOUTH FLORIDA AND THE FLORIDA KEYS…

1 Like