How is your weather? (Part 1)

Got our 8th row of blueberries mulched today…nice day around 50 degrees and breezy. That might be it on the mulching this fall as it is starting to clump and freeze every time we get rain followed by colder weather. I’m plum tuckered out anyway…a few more things to do but I’m ready to hang things up for the season. The weather still looks warmer than normal in the 14 day forecast…especially overnight lows.

3 Likes

Oh Boy!! How Exciting!! Just got 1-2" of ‘a few flurries this afternoon’.

1 Like

Returned from a special farmers market ahead of Thanksgiving. Our last regular market was before Halloween. Chilly (low 40s F), but a mix of sunny and overcast skies. Less than a week ago the forecast for today was for a mix of rain and snow, so bundled in several layers, we were very pleased and had a pleasant afternoon. Sold out of cider, both chicken and duck eggs, and saw big dents in the supply of honey and garlic we brought. Since we aren’t going anywhere this week and no one is coming here, now it can rain and snow all it wants — well, my wife needs many good days to finish planting garlic, so she wouldn’t agree.

2 Likes

Huge thunderstorms today…unheard of for this time fo year around these parts. A couple of inches of rain as well…the drought is over for now.

2 Likes

got mixed snow/ sleet/ rain here. not much accumulation. flash froze with a cold front last night. windy in the mid 20’s now.

1 Like

Snowing here right now. Big wet flakes. The pond is still not frozen, so the weather hasn’t been too cold.

The extended for early December shows record heat into parts of W Canada/Yukon/Alaska…very mild into the plains. Finally some below normal weather for the southeast.

http://collaboration.cmc.ec.gc.ca/cmc/ensemble/naefs/semaine2/images/2020112400_054@007_E1_north@america_I_NAEFS@TEMPERATURE_anomaly@probability@combined@week2_198.png

2 Likes

Mild 50’s at night 60’s during the day. Will get chillier in Dec. right now vest weather.

1 Like

Does it rain there much in winter?

It snowed pretty much all day yesterday, but just enough to cover the grass. Most of it is gone already. The extended for here shows no precip in the next 2 weeks. weird.

1 Like

Going to be 48 and sunny here on Saturday! I will be playing tennis outside and working in the yard. Every extra week of warmth we get will make winter seem that much shorter!

3 Likes

send it on over! snow flurries and a balmy 19f. :wink:

Dang rain :rofl:

1 Like

Winter, is wind (sometimes, not often) and overcast. The north wind from the Alps comes to the south. Rarely snow. I think it occasionally snows for atmosphere. Rarely gets below 40 or so. Except the wind chill factors makes it colder. Not yet though.

2-3 inches of rain incoming on Mon/Tues with temps in the 50s. I think that our drought will be officially over around here after that one. Next week after that storm looks gorgeous with SW winds, sunshine and temps in the 40s. 2 weeks out looks good too with plenty of sun, 30s during the day and 20s at night. Looks like the trend of decent weather during the early part of “winter” is continuing.

1 Like

many of the winter weather predictions say it will be mild like last winter with less snow. no complaints here.

4 Likes

Hope y’all bundle up in the South/Southeast…yikes!

2 Likes

I’m expecting a little snow but mostly rain…farther NE in Kentucky they might get a pretty good snow in higher elevations.

Man I sure love my greenhouse and sunroom. Low last night 28, high today 53. In the greenhouse on chill cycle it’s been 37 low 51 high. Perfect chilling temperatures. Meanwhile the sunroom has heated the living area of my house up to 82. Gotta feel good about that…!! And I got the greenhouse ready to start planting 50 figs in ground.

6 Likes

Beautiful sky last night, prelude to the first cold weather of the year here in NE Florida…

Not expecting to get warmer than 53 today and looking at a possible inland frost tonight…

1 Like

Mackerel sky.

1 Like

Tons of wind & rain here…3+ inches. Also currently 60 degrees. Maine on Dec. 1 is one of the warmest places in the country. :astonished:

1 Like