How is your weather? (Part 1)

That map makes no sense.

Just shows a massive ridge building into the northeast the second week of Jan. The darkest reds usually indicate record warmth. Looking at it that should mean a trough out west.

If you zoom out and look at the global map, the coldest air is locked on the other side of the planet…especially parts of Asia (china/japan/koreas).

1 Like

This seems to be the continuation of recent winter trends for us in the Northeast…warmer early winter (Dec/Jan)…and then we get hit in the face Feb/March. It seems like there is always this massive cold blob that moves around the globe and you just hope that it never settles over you.

1 Like

We seem to need 8-12" of snow. That’s what they’re forecasting for central Ia down the I80 corridor, on to Cedar Rapids and then right through S. central Wisc.!!

1 Like

Wow, that I do not miss! I think I saw my first bit of frost this morning. The surrounding villages and towns had snow. Not us! I think my lemon tree is shivering!

1 Like

My hunch is you are right on that one. The cold has to come down sooner or later.

1 Like

Yeah…a stripe from central NE back into S Wisconsin… someone might see a foot or more. Tapers off some to the north but should still see 3-5 or so around here.

Watch out though… I saw last night and again this morning…another storm is on its away right after this one. This one far south heading thru central IL… a solid hit of snow for E Kansas/N Mo and right up thru central Iowa again. Chicago looks to stay all rain.

1 Like

Looks like the Seattle winter has settled into its reliable pattern! Times like this I’m glad I’ve got bright grow lights I can sit next to and pretend it’s sunny :joy:

2 Likes

10" so far, 1700, more later tonight. Friday forecasting 1-3", who knows, we may need more by then!!

Well, it WAS sunny here in Kentucky today. More tomorrow until clouds and rain move in for much of the rest of the week. But hey, it could be snow. I recall mom killing a copperhead snake on Dec. 26, 1966…Jan 1 2021 looks to be just as warm, mid 60’s here!

I expect some cold and some real winter in January…if not, then I might actually start thinking there is something to all the global warming babble.

4 Likes

About 2 inches here. Just enough to make it interesting.

Good thing the next storm doesn’t look to be as much of a snowmaker. Might have to worry about ice on the northern fringe. Good rain maker for the Ohio Valley.

NAEFS continues to show a record warm E Canada/NE us…east us for jan… Might have to wait until lat Jan/Feb for winter.

1 Like

They must of found out we don’t need no more stinkin’ snow here because they removed it from the forecast. Thank You!
I will happily wait till next Christmas for winter. Looks like about 15" of snow on the deck.

First frost hunh? No white Christmas for you.
Make sure you keep sending all those fancy food pictures!! I love seeing that stuff!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, MrsG. Be safe!

1 Like

Looking out the window as the sun peeks through the clouds for what may be the last time for a week or more… definitely getting to that part of winter where sun breaks are welcome but few and far between

1 Like

Global view of the incoming N American heatwave. I don’t think i’ve ever seen so much red across Canada. Really got to wonder what happens when things flip back around…hopefully they don’t! This puts us into mid Jan.

2 Likes

You too! Promise to keep sending pics! Almost time to prue my orchard and spray copper!

3 Likes

Been raining for almost two days. Stops in the early early morning and be in the 30’s tomorrow night!

1 Like