How is your weather? (Part 1)

I thought that last month, but it looks like another week to come

1 Like

It was teens most places here , I am at a lower elevation though and on clear still nights the air really settles

Now they’re saying 0 for Weds

But it’s just one nite

1 Like

Burrr, I’m ready for spring

77F here yesterday. And >70F for the foreseeable future.
In fact, my orange bird of paradise flowered today!

1 Like

supposed to get down to -15f tonight. with windshield factor going to feel like -30f!

21 degrees today, and I have a Super Bowl question. . . Why Minneapolis one of the coldest places on earth, and indoors on (fake grass?). Ugh. Too cold in Miami? Or not enough room?

1 Like

Whenever an NFL team built a new stadium, NFL often awards that city with a Super Bowl, no matter how ridiculous the place could be. The Vikings just built a new stadium.

A couple of years ago, the Giants/Jets had a SB with their new stadium. The game ended only a few hours before a snow storm blew into town. It’s business.

1 Like

I think it has to be a covered stadium in the upper latitudes

not too many would attend if they were playing in the open at -20f! :wink:

1 Like

They wouldn’t have this problem if they ended the season before December

1 Like

Gotcha!

Very comfortable here today , 50 degrees calm

and a beautiful sunset

4 Likes

-14 tonight with windchill around -30. Tomorrow a high of -2 with -31 windchill. Hope the out of towners in the Twin Cities wear their warm clothes on the way to the Super Bowl (it won’t be as cold there as here, but still cold)

3 Likes

Setting records over here!

3 Likes

We got about an inch of snow this morning, but it changed over to rain for a while before moving out. But, it’s 35 and melting, so kinda messy. We might get some more snow this evening, and colder, so all that mess will freeze tonight.

1 Like

About 3+ inches of snow here…seems like a lot after a winter of nothing. Very cold this afternoon…high around 6F. Interesting though, even with such cold temps…snow is melting off the roof with the full sunshine. My kitchen plants are loving this. Fig is growing like nuts in this late ish winter wonderland.

Looks like warmer temps start to creep back in by mid/late Feb…hopefully nothing too warm.

1 Like

Driving around the southland today I noticed the snow line is at around 10,000 ft on south facing slopes and 7,000 ft on northern facing slopes.

1 Like

Light snow last night and the temp right now is 14 degrees and down to around 7 degrees this evening.

Tony

1 Like

And an inch here with a weak cold front