How is your weather? (Part 1)

That’a great for you guys this time. God knows you need it. Bone dry forecast up here.

1 Like

Overall I received 1/4 inch of rain – enough to rinse dust off the plants. Most of it arrived pre-dawn yesterday and the remainder pre-dawn today. Looking north from my neighborhood at Mt. San Jacinto I see the snow line is down to about 5,000 feet.

1 Like

Going down to the orchard tomorrow! A Valentine surprise for me! Cannot wait to see how it is doing. Ready to spray this coming weekend as it will be warm. 50’s is warm to me! Happy Valentines day everyone!:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

That’s at least something. We haven’t seen any rain since Jan 25th according to our local airport readings. And there is ZERO in the 10 day forecast. Scary!

1 Like

Need some rain? Y’all come get it. Looks like my area of Texas will have plenty for the next week and a half.

Capture

3 Likes

Warming back up here…I’ll spray this weekend…

2 Likes

Looks like it’s going to be warm enough to fish for sure this weekend!

It might look cool and crappy to most people but it looks perfect to me.

3 Likes

We got the first couple of warm days predicted, but thank goodness we are colder than predicted for 2 days as a little break in the heat this week. Maybe that will help keep those buds asleep!

Nothing is actually in bloom yet, so it’s already better than last year :smiley: Valentine’s Day blooms are awful.

Gonna be too hard to drag the sprayer thru the snow or the mud after it melts

2 Likes

Interesting pattern setting up…early spring out east? Californa///west see some winter.

2 Likes

Maybe, we got close to 70 yesterday, but overnight and most of the morning we got lots more rain (shocking), and ended up with a bit over an inch and a half.

The temp’s dropped a lot, it’s 36 now, headed below freezing tonight, with cold rain or snow most of tomorrow. Egads I’m getting tired of the rain. We’ll have a chance of rain for most of next week as well. Might hit 70 a couple days next week.

What that map doesn’t show is a constant fetch of moisture coming up off the west coast of Mexico and up through this part of the country. Just a train of rain for us. Some of my trees need a break from all this water. The ground is super spongy and the creeks are roaringly full.

1 Like

I’ll believe it when I see it. The GFS has forecast highs in the 60’s and lows about 40F for two weeks now but what we’re seeing is ten degrees warmer.

Here in the Piedmont of NC where I am it’s really looking like an early spring. We’re colder for another couple of days before more heat, but it’s not cold-cold. Right above freezing at night.

That doesn’t mean we won’t get below freezing again, of course, but now I’m thinking maybe it’s just warming up for good here this year, yep. I hope that’s it, anyway! There’s no way to stop the blooms now --it’s too warm for too long and buds are swelling fast.

Here on central coastal CA we’ve had balmy weather; it was 75 degrees on Ground Hog Day, and some of my peaches and plums are in full bloom. I have a dwarf Dorsett Golden apple in full bloom and leafed out and a tomato plant from last year still producing tomatoes, but bad news on the horizon. Freezing temps in the next week. I must do something to protect them.

1 Like

Some really chilly weather for us in the next week or so. Hopefully it doesn’t drop too much. Luckily most the citrus blooms haven’t opened yet.

1 Like

Stormy now and then cold predicted for early next week.Brady

Snow tonight and tomorrow!

warmwxrules SoCal just looks like it’s going to seasonal from what I saw on the two week forecast.

Things are warming back up here. Next three days are rain high 40’s to low 50’s
Last few days were nice in the GH 70 degrees in the shade it looks like the citrus is coming out next week!

1 Like

To the left of the vertical gray line are actual temperatures but on the line and to the right are predicted temps.

2 Likes

might hit near 70 in central maine next week but the front doing it is passing just to my south. most we’ll see is low 30’s. figures! probably for the best as temps that warm would cause massive flooding with our snowpack. they are predicting that in the bangor area!

2 Likes