How is your weather? (Part 1)

Yeah, the snow is already melting, plus we have rain in store for the week. So it should be all gone by mid-week I think.

We aren’t moving far. We are building a house 20 minutes up the road to be closer to my in-laws, since my mother-in-law is nice enough to watch our kiddo (to be kiddos) while we work. We are sick of a double commute. The plus is that our new back yard will be bigger and hopefully less wet. However, we will be firmly zone 5a, and I’m not getting much better air drainage than we have now.

Yeah, the market is a sellers’ market here. We had an offer after less than 12 hours, but we busted our butts to put our house on the market for the new crop of M.D. residents coming to work at the U of Iowa.

Weather looks like garbage through first 10-15 days of April…May bloom this year?

=============

Sound like an upgrade. I wish i had more room, but then sometimes more can just mean more work :slight_smile: (like kids!)

Just watching lumber prices, i can imagine building isn’t cheap about now!? 2x4’s i was buying a year ago were a buck less…plywood was nearly $10 less (3/4)…although drywall/tile/etc all seem about the same. I know labor costs are huge now. My brother in Rochester, MN was looking to build a house and the builder was a year out from even starting his so they just found something quick and bought it (they sold their house in a day///and didn’t expect to be out that soon).

Nice babysitter setup! My mom is mid 70s and doesn’t really watch kids anymore (and is nuts) and the other in law works nonstop (and much younger then my mom) so no time.

1 Like

Forecast is looking good. Everything is about to bloom!

2 Likes

Weather is a tad lower than average here in KS/MO this next week. Highs in the low 50s, lows in the 30s. Nothing to really push things along.

Housing is also nuts here south of KC. People are placing bids above the asking price, just to try to get one bought. Sellers are sometimes working buyers against each other to get the top price.

1 Like

Folks now days are conditioned to be worked.

Sheesh! Forecast for this weekend down to 20

Yikes!!

First rainy day in about three weeks…on a happier note, sunny and 50F tomorrow!

2 Likes

76F here at 5:27pm. And 70+ for everyday in the 10 day :sunglasses::sun_with_face:

Down here we might have seen the last significant rainfall until September.

1 Like

We just got a foot of snow Sunday night in Wyoming.

8 of 10 days in the forecast have highs in the upper 20s to mid 30s and lows from single digits to low 20s. At least 3 chances of measurable snow too.

Not very spring like

1 Like

1.8 welcomed inches of rain last night! We haven’t had but 0.4 this year, so it sure was nice!

finally over the hump and been holding in the 40’s and melting fast! lots of sun to help too! finally feeling like spring! ill drink to that!

3 Likes

Now there’s 5-9" of snow in the forecast tomorrow through Saturday. No high temps above 35 in the 10 day forecast.

Yippee…:grimacing:

After the 4th warmest February on record, and a much colder March where high temps never got above our normal temps for March, we have a reprieve coming as Easter comes. :blush:

I’m thinking I’ll do some grafting.

2 Likes

Interactive drought map updated weekly

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu

2 Likes

Amazing recovery for a large part of the state.

This is just sad…GFS doesn’t show a 50F between now and April 15th… wow oh wow…some teens back int he forecast for overnight lows. Really getting sick of moving plants in and out daily for sunshine.

Try 2 days above freezing (35 and 36) in the ten day forecast and 3-4 days with single digit lows.

1 Like