How is your weather? (Part 1)

Ugh!

2 Likes

That’s nuts! I thought our weather (81 tomorrow, 48 Sunday) was bad.

2 Likes

True…but do we bloom with that little of heat?

35F now…heavy rain…tons of thunder/lightning and we had a bunch of hail… i think its snow mixing in now. This is awesome.

Damn rain all day Sunday…LOL…Sorry, I couldn’t help myself…

Just another 75f day.

1 Like

our low will be in upper 20s Sunday and Monday. Can’t believe it is in mid April already

1 Like

The big storm completely missed this area (so far anyway). Sorry the folks south of here are getting nailed.

mid 20’s and windy as hell.

Just skirted us here - we could have used the rain

1.5 inches of liquid…about an inch of snow on the ground this morning. It was like a summer thunderstorm last night, minus the heat and humidity.

Mix of NAM and GFS would suggest another 6 to 8 inches of snow.

Cool map if you haven’t seen it of the wind…i’ve shared it before…can really see where the surface low pressure is with winds wrapping around it…

http://hint.fm/wind/

Interesting…a heck of a cold start for Minneapolis:

I’ll have to see where this ranks in history.

1 Like

Outside Temp 83.3 F
Outside Humidity 10%

2 Likes

Here comes the Snow.

Tony

3 Likes

How much snow will you get, Tony?

Up to 4’ inches of snow predicted. It will thaw out in a couple of days.

Tony

Just finished covering my cabbages, onions, lettuce and once again apricot before 28F night and whole day freezing rain tomorrow, and one more 30 night and one more day of rain after that. Just for the records - it was 70F yesterday and 60F today.

Tony, the Spring, if you can call it that, has been horrible. We finally had 58 degrees today and I felt like going to the beach! Cooling down again tomorrow. Not one flower in my orchard yet. Maybe we’ll get fruit this year! The snow will melt very soon!.

All of my peaches froze out this year. We had some really coke temps in January and it killed the flower buds. This is the only peach blossom and it is on a rootstock

3 Likes

Not complaining, just thought it was funny one blossom made it out of so many

2 Likes

Galina,
It was only 65F yesterday in my town, the warmest day of the wave. It was mid 50 today and has gone down rapidly since this late afternoon.

Not a single day of 70 F in recent weeks. I have not started grafting because it has been mostly cold or cold and wet. In fact, the weatherman said, the first 10 days of April was the coldest 10 days in Boston since 2007.

We are colder than Boston!!!

1 Like