How many is enough?

Thanks

I don’t know how I will feel about Jambalya okra at the end of this growing season but it certainly gets out of the gate blooming at a small size. My previous varieties (Clemson and Cowhorn) started to bloom later when they were about 1’ high. The first day of blooms had three, the second day had two, and yesterday there were eleven. The pods on these six inch high plants look tiny and I’m wondering if the small plants are big enough to grow out the fruit. I have always heard that you should wait for them to start blooming before adding fertilizer. Right or wrong I worked in a small amount of 13-13-13 around the plants. I’m optimistic that Jambalaya will perform well.

@Auburn … I have heard the younger guy at hoss tools say more than once (in his okra youtube vids) that okra really does not require fertilization.

I give mine some balanced organic fertilizer when I plant it and that is it. It grows and produces well and for 3 months or more.

I started mine last Monday and it was mostly up yesterday… looks to be all up today.

It has been hot and dry… but I watered it enough to get it going.

2 Likes