How to deal with the dried scions

I still soak the scionwoods in the water. Tomorrow I will graft a few on small branches to see what will happen. If the scions can survive, l will graft next year. I just bought two peach trees and will encourage more branches for grafting next year.

Update the dried scionwoods. I grafted the scions to small branches of my nectarine tree after I soaked the scionwoods in the water for two days. Now all they are leafing,100%.

!

7 Likes

Congrats, nice to see you were able to save those! Lots of different opinions here but I was just going to write my experience. You don’t really have to be afraid of water. I rehydrate scions for day or two without problems. You can keep dormant trees in a bucket with water for several days as well (better than leave them laying on the ground).
When I bench graft and have 100-200 rootstocks I just keep them in a buckets with water until I am done which can take 2 or 3 days (I am not in a hurry). This year I bought rootstocks at last minute that were already leafed out and the grafts are still doing good after being submerged in water for 2 days.

2 Likes

I’m amazed. I’ll update how I relay information thanks to all you folks above.

Good job @Sophia2017!

Dax

1 Like