I Hate Birds but

Did not get this PF9a-007 netted in time and the house finches took advantage of my tardiness…

Then I paid a visit to my father who lives in the forrest 20 minutes outside of town and saw the misery that Yellow Jackets are dealing him:

So, I don’t have it so bad…

9 Likes

I can feel your frustration dealt all summer with catbirds. They peck a fruit and then yellow jackets take care of.

5 Likes

I like birds but dislike their actions. They are a formidable foe when trying to keep them from eating or damaging my fruit and berries. My opinion is that if you can eliminate the bird pecks you can reduce the wasp that does the followup. Netting or bags are still my most effective way of controlling/minimizing their damage. Birds are relentless in their efforts.

5 Likes

Which bags do you recommend?

1 Like

I’m constantly trying new methods and I’m still a work in progress. This is a link to my blueberry netting.

1 Like

This is a link to screens being used on pears.

1 Like

We got a flood of rain here the past few days… I had several figs almost ripe just prior… and checked them today… and many had gone bad from all the rain… and were covered in yellow jackets… wasps… and hornets… some whoppers too.

I managed to remove the spoiled ones… got no stings… and bagged those that remained that were not quite ripe yet. 4x6 mesh bags.

TNHunter

1 Like