Introduce Some Yummy fruits in China

Sophia,

Do you remember if Zhanhua Winter Delight Jujube is a mid season or late season ripener?

Tony

Very late. Winter delight means ripening in winter. The fruits of zhanhua winter delight look ripen even at young stage. So don’t pick early. Wait till fully ripen then you can enjoy.
Moonlight is one very early ripening variety. I don’t know the texture, but the Brix can reach 46. It boasts its taste better than winter delight. I haven’t gotten a chance to taste it.

1 Like

!
This kind of berry in China looks very beautiful.

Ison nurseries have similar seedlings for sale.

2 Likes

The Goumi Ison’s has for sale are MUCH smaller than the one shown in those pictures. Mostly seed.

3 Likes

Those are amazing looking goumi! Especially the first speckled ones. Mine are around 1/2 seed maybe a tiny bit less and is the sweet scarlet variety but i definitely like it,a sweet over tart with a berry flavour and it maybe has not the most amazing after taste but the best eleagnus i have ever tasted and gives me berries early when nothing else does and is a nitrogen fixer which the earth really needs more of.

What varieties are those TianTai?

I have it, this is sho shang (eleagnus latifolia). It’s not goumi (i have it too). Didn’t fruit yet! :blush:

The picture above is planted by a friend. I don’t know the variety. I haven’t planted yet. Do you have any pictures of your species? Send it to have a look.

A black seedless grape variety produced by a farmer breeder in China, looks very beautiful.

3 Likes

Here are couple pictures of our goumis. The plants were purchased from Hidden Springs Nursery.

4 Likes

So jujubes grow well in Arkansas?

I already told you, the fruit you post is Sho Shang (Eleagnus Latifolia). This is not goumi.

3 Likes