Kdl: how to mix to try to protect from freeze

The trees are to be well watered, not the foliage. Maybe tree
roots in NY are cold, but they aren’t here in the South. They
are very capable to absorb nutrients.

@rayrose it’s that time of year again :crazy_face: This is my first year using KDL. Tonight we’re getting 26 degrees, apricots in full bloom. For mixing, is it specifically white wine vinegar, or just white vinegar? Regular white vinegar in my pantry is 5% acidity, but I think white wine vinegar might be less. And you are spraying the whole tree with a fine mist right? Flowers included? I wonder if you’ve had any issues with it burning the flowers. Any on the soil? Thanks!

To me, white wine vinegar and white vinegar are the same thing,
spray the whole tree with a fine mist, but don’t saturate the tree.
You should water the tree at the roots, before spraying.

It might help against a mild frost but don’t hope for much. If you use it and have some fruit survive, you will probably credit the KDL. Leave some replicated non sprayed and compare. Two years I used regular foliar K before trying KDL this year… I have sprayed five separate times using the commercial spray rate. this season. All fruit I would have expected to be killed was killed and much of what I thought would survive did not. Sprayed and non sprayed fared the same.

1 Like

Bob Purvis has a multi year write up about it and is rather positive about it, but doesn’t have any controls in that article. I have my reservations as well, but we can’t really do single tree control and risking losing part of a crop as a test is scary.

Purvis KDL

One more observation. Every one of us used KDL off label… The label specifically says do not use a hand sprayer, a back pack sprayer , or a pump sprayer. Do not use in any hand gun operations. In other words it should be aerially or spray boom applied. Anyone doing that?

It has that on all of their labels that I read. I’ll contact them about it and find out why.

The label on my bottle doesn’t say that at all.

KDL_0-0-24_Label1i.pdf

My label doesn’t say that. Furthermore, what difference does it make what kind of sprayer you use, as long as you get the product on the tree.

it does not say Agripro on the label either.