Kocide3000

Looking up and down… I cannot find out how much powder to use per gallon. Anyone have any idea? Also besides mixing it with water… should I add anything else or will the 3000 be enough?

I use 2 Tbsp per gal along with a spreader sticker. I’d tried to go with less last year after the discussion on 2000 -vs- 3000, but when I dropped down to 1 Tbsp per gal I still had a little PLC on my Nephew’s tree. That’s spraying twice, once in Fall and once in the Spring.

what do you use as a sticker? Do you think its too late to spray now?

Sean,
If you google Kocide label, it will tell you when it can be effectively sprayed for PLC and at what strength. I also use about 2 tbsp at dormant and delayed dormant stages.

I use Nufilm 17. Some use Bonide Turbo Spreader/sticker. There are probably other products, too.

1 Like

I had a problem (as most do I think) understanding the label, so I relied on the guys and gals on the former site (and now here) who are better at math than I am.

I used a spreader sticker from Hi-Yield that I just finished off, and next go round I’ve got some from Bonide that I’ll use. I do think most tend to think that Nufilm is hard to beat though.

As far as it being too late, it would depend on the stage your stuff is at. If you’re concerned that it may be getting a tad late for your area/trees I’d maybe use something like Liquicop if you’re going to go copper.

Scott made a wiki page for such things

Yes, the stuff is awesome.

The label and directions that came with it were telling me how much to use per acre… not extremely useful. Lol

Was it standard packaging or repackaged by some eBay seller or similar?

Sean,
Search a thread titled Spray Amount Wiki on this forum. Scott Smith kindly list the amounts of chemicals per gal of water for us.

Let me add a plug while we are on the topic of the wiki: if it is missing a chemical you know the amount of, please add it! The page is editable by level 2 users and higher.

Standard packing… the instructions were secured on the bag

1 Like