Looking for input on what to do with some property

@lordkiwi, great suggestion and funny you mention it. This was one of the initial ideas we discussed…there will be a lot of debris once the logging is done and I’m sure we could have them move some of it to a general area for a mushroom patch…

Hi all, so it’s been over a year and half since I posted. Figured it was time for an update…The timber job was finished mid November 2020, but I didn’t get a chance to make it back up there until almost a year later.

I’ve never been up close to a timber job, so I wasn’t sure what to expect…It’s definitely eye opening. The timber co cut a number of access roads throughout and where the trees were cut and topped they Ieft huge piles of brush…

The new road into the property is amazing…We can easily get a 4wheel drive vehicle in there where before a side by side was the easiest and safest way…

Road in…

Landing…

In the time since the logging a lot of wildlife has come back. Turkey, grouse, bear. The bear are denning up in the brush piles…While we were trying to figure out what to do with the property, I got in touch with the USDA/NRCS and wound up working with them to implement a 5 year plan to rehabilitate the land. We get paid a certain amount each year to clear brush, cut undesirable trees and provide for wildlife habitat, so I feel pretty good about that. Aside from the NRCS program I think we’re just going to keep the place as a getaway. It’s fine just the way it is…

8 Likes