Mehrabyan Nursery

Any reviews on this nursery? Their prices seem pretty good.

4 Likes

Maybe @krismoriah could answer your question.

I looked at their site and made a mention a couple months ago. Considered an order.
But, instead,
I ordered from “Roots to Fruits” and got some fine 5 foot tall pie cherries about 30 days ago and they’re happily in the ground. Did not desire to get a spring ship on those.
Paid pretty hefty, but got excellent plants.

But, the prices of apple trees, & rootstocks at this place looks excellent. I think it’s a person from overseas that probably attended Cornell or something and settled in the area and began in the nursery business. But, that’s just a guess.

1 Like

I ordered a pair of peaches from them (selena and contender I believe). Both bare root trees arrived in good shape. They were nearly whips with a couple of feathers.
They grew fine.

1 Like

I bought Suncrisp apple, Kosui asian pear, and Desiree peach trees from them last year. They were about the size of Cummin’s grade 1. I made a couple of changes to my order, and the owner was very responsive and nice.

1 Like

Thanks for that info.

1 Like

I ordered a couple apples trees last year and a pear they all arrived in great shape and took off wonderfully. They have my recommendation.

3 Likes

For the price point and selection i think they are fantastic. The buying experience was about as professional as ive seen. Even better you can call and talk to the owner and he will spend time helping you if you wish.

The old saying goes that you get what you pay for… they just happen to be priced very fairly.

I think there are lots of good reviews on facebook…its been awhile since i looked.

3 Likes

I bought a couple King David apples on M111. Excellent quality. Both grew very well.

1 Like

Anyone receive any rootstock this season? I have a march 6 shipping date and haven’t heard from the nursery

1 Like

I am, but not till April. They asked me to verify the address yesterday. Think they are still snowed under?

1 Like

I have the March 6 shipping date too, and they haven’t answered my last two emails inquiring about it. Normally, Surik is very responsive.

1 Like

It’s possible. Although the northeast has had a disappointing ski season until 2 weeks ago.

1 Like

I inquired and heard…but they say it’s too cold there to do any shipping.?

2 Likes

I also had a March 6 ship date. I contacted them last week to find out the status of my order and didn’t receive a reply. But, my order is shipped now and should arrive tomorrow.

2 Likes

These folks are just across town from me. I bought a peach and a cherry from them last year, with local pickup. Owner is very helpful. Trees are doing great. Highly recommend!

4 Likes

They replied to my email and should ship today or tommorow :smiley:

3 Likes

Same here. They normally ship on Mondays, but I guess because of the weather delay, they’re shipping my order today.

Perfect for the weekend.

1 Like

I called Mr. Surik, He shipped me two peaches trees last Friday. The trees are in very good condition with a lot of fresh roots. much better than Stark Bro’s. sent to me.

2 Likes

My order arrived today. The trees are good sized and the rootstocks are very uniform. Overall, very happy with the quality!

1 Like