Mishirasu Vs Drippen' Honey Asian pear

Kim’s aren’t round. I think her’s are right.

My Drippin Honey have been so small in size due to a drought we have had. I don’t think I would get any as squirrels are thirsty, too, and took a lot of my green Asian pears, not even close to ripen.

2 Likes

My book says that Kim’s are: ‘Short-Round-Conical’ and under that they say Bergamot. I looked up Bergamot and that’s how Kim’s is. I understand from above my pears are small and may still grow but I don’t know what’s going on??

Thanks

1 Like

@Barkslip

Those look a lot like drippin honey.

1 Like

Okay, I’ll keep an eye toward’s them. Thanks Clark

1 Like

@Barkslip

Im not really guessing as much as i act like i am. The stem is green. Note the round shape and lighter color. Confirm the leaves look the same im very nearly certain that’s drippin honey Drippin' Honey Asian Pear

Update:
no russeting

1 Like

Grapefruit sized! Impressive none to say the least!

I’ll look at it but it’s a real short graft and the leaves are not going to be true to morphology/moro"form"/size. Thanks…

1 Like

@Barkslip

Some years they can be very small as well if there are to many on the tree.

1 Like

thanks!

1 Like

@Barkslip

They will be delicious Here comes the 2016 apple and Pear harvest!

1 Like

I thought that was my Mishirazu. Nope. It’s my Nijiseikki.

Sorry for that, everyone. It appears to be on track, correct. Thank you, again.

1 Like

Oh my Clark! I recognize your small yellow pear pictures. Those are photos engrained forever.

Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind, again. Best…

1 Like

That thread is forever engrained. I remember all the photos. or close to.

1 Like

@Barkslip

One thing is drippin honey has light russeting much of the time Dripping Honey . @Auburn will be planting another tree by next year i think if the taste is as good as it is here. Hopefully they do as well in your climate as they do in ours. Many people report they are the best asian pear they have had. All pears have things about them that are not good as well. In certain climates drippin honey can crack sometimes. Its done it here before but it happens very seldom. Here comes the 2019 pear harvest! - #18 by clarkinks

1 Like

Here are my Mishirasu now. It will get bigger in a few more weeks.

6 Likes

Thanks, Tony!

Dax
I have 20th Century (Nijiseiki) for 10 years. The shape of the pears in your pic does not look quite like 20th.

The pic of 20 C pears in this link looks exactly like my 20th C, both the greenish one and the yellow one.

https://extension.oregonstate.edu/crop-production/fruit-trees/born-garbage-dump-20th-century-asian-pear.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Dax, my grafted Mishirasu branch died. I don’t have this cultivar anymore. But I recall the fruit was round, similar to the ones on your picture. I highly suspecte the one I had was not the real Mishirasu.

1 Like

Thank you, Annie.