Modular cement garden bed forms

this one is so tempting, at just 200 bucks and free shipping!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/YARDMAX-YM0046-Concrete-Mixer-1-6-cu-ft-1-6-HP/770515038?athcpid=770515038&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVAV&athieid=v0&athstid=CS020&athguid=2003bc71-75b-1691d58db37441&athena=true

1 Like

We had an old school one when I was a kid , used it for all kinds of stuff. I poured a slab addition to my parents house 20 x 40 with it when is was 18.

1 Like

quite certain that slab you poured is still there and doing what it is supposed to do. Cement is extremely fascinating just as it is functional. The romans made wonders with it and the appian way, pantheon etc are just a few examples of timeless strength, form, and function.
interesting that some literature say that while cement quickly attains near max strength after a month of being poured, it seems to mysteriously slow down attaining its peak strength and continue to get stronger and harder with time over hundreds of years. Thus said, you wouldn’t even know when that slab you poured 5 years ago (:wink:) at your parents’ home may have attained peak strength, or if it is even possible for us short-lived humans to determine what cement’s peak strength might be.

acid rain, salinity, tree roots, thermals/water expansion(freeze) damage are some real threats to concrete, but after a couple thousand years or so, the pantheon and appian way continue to serve their purpose well…

1 Like

So true, juju, that slab was poured 23 years ago, they remodeled and put a subfloor on top of it but it still serves its purpose. I built an off grid cabin on their property several years ago, with a special collection of stones on the floor. One is an igneous rock from the Rocky Mountains, some day someone will wonder how it got there.

a thousand years from now, archaeologists will have to collaborate with genealogists/county records, and sieve the web for possible leads, if their A.I. is powerful enough to find the evidence you posted here at growingfruit.org :smile:

1 Like

I am wondering what happens if it needs to be taken apart.