Moving a garden

Ouch! You are supposed to do it the other way around! Into the much larger space :’(

3 Likes

Garden moving day has arrived!

5 Likes

Hopefully you can leave the back gate a crack open? Under the sun that box can turn into an oven in a hurry.

1 Like

Well, we left it wide open until the moment we pulled away. And it’ll be opened as soon as we get to the new place. But shut while on the road. Unfortunately, it is hitter and sunnier than the forecast said it would be. Relatively short drive. :crossed_fingers:

And everything is tucked away in our new home. I suspect I’ll be moving things around for awhile. I’ve already noticed that one spot it’s shady by 2pm. Now, time to give everyone a big recovery drink.

5 Likes

I want to hear more about the husband getting the ball off.

Apparently, the rusted tight part was the receiver hitch. I convinced him he could just change the ball on the hitch and that was easy. Not entirely sure why that didn’t occur to him to start with. :roll_eyes:

So 1 was stuck to 2? So he left them connected and replaced 3?

Yes! Exactly.

Oh, I think you can no to do that because there are more options how to save your garden now. On the one hand, you can move your garden but on the other hand, you have an opportunity to reconstruct it. For example, I think the garden bridge will be more convenient for you precious green zone and it looks so beautiful. I think you are interested in this theme.

A piece of greenhouse shade cloth makes a suitable tarp for a pickup truck…to not destroy plants during moving them.

I do it frequently.

1 Like

A little late to respond to this but I recommend trying Naval Jelly. I used it on some square nuts on a 100yr old steel fireplace mantle and they backed off without breaking off the threaded posts. I was sold on it after that.

2 Likes