My plum harvest and possible mislabeled tree (again!)

7 years ago, I bought 2 plum trees from big box store, one methley the other Byron gold. This year I finally get good harvest!

Here are some pictures of my trees:

:

I was going to say the methley plum taste great until I read other thread about methley, all their methley are red flesh and mine are yellow flesh.
So, I don’t what I have, but the purple plums taste great! And the pit is very very small. Have any idea what it is?

Here are some pictures of the purple plum

6 Likes

Methley link. According to my previous post the flesh should be deep red. You might actually have a better unknown plum.
Auburn

Jun '18

More info
20180621 003 AU Cherry20180621 001 AU Cherry

@Auburn Thanks for the link! Obviously, it’s not methley. Whatever it is, I am very happy about it. It’s sweet, juicy and very flavorful! (Well, I am not very sophisticated about plum) And the pit is really really small given how big the fruit is!

I read that post about methley being red. Mine are also yellow. Either there are two colors or two of us have mislabeled trees. Mine are small compared to other plums.

Does yours taste good? Where did you get your tree? Some of my fruit get pretty big, a size of small peach.

2 Likes

Mine looks more like methley than yours, but ripens later than it should. The pict below is internet pict of one. Looks similar to mine, but red inside.

Glad you posted. Whatever I have it taste good and is not bad with brown rot.

2 Likes

At my location Methley ripens about June 21st and I don’t consider it to be a big plum. Other than size, yours looks more like AU Cherry plum. Methley and AU Cherry are both clingstones.