Nectarines questions

I only have a small branch of it grafted last year, tasted it at my brothers place in Fresno, it was good and looked good, but he sprayed this year for thrips. None of the nectarines are as bad as DD for thrips that I have ever seen. Sno Queen is a white, and some other good whites are Arctic star, Arctic Glo, Arctic Jay, and Heanly white. The nectaplum is a good white too, but suffers from thrips worse than the others mentioned. Where I am at on the big rain spring seasons I don’t spray, but the hotter dry springs they show up early and I spray. So 2 of the last 4 seasons I sprayed, not this year because of the wet cool spring as fruit trees bloomed.

1 Like

I have a young Spice Zee Nectaplum planted in a cluster with Leahcot Aprium and a Candy Cot Aprium. The SpiceZee leaves started developing rust-colored spots in the last week, then the spotted areas are turning yellow, but not the whole leaf. Some leaves have dropped off to the touch. I tried Neem. Please, any ideas?
Mary in Austin

My guess is bacterial spot disease. Check out Penn State article and treatment suggestions.

https://extension.psu.edu/bacterial-spot-of-stone-fruit-in-home-fruit-plantings

1 Like

Yes, this looks like Bacterial Spot… There is no treatment, but you can fertilize this tree and give it water to help it overcome the lost leaves and vigor. Prophylaxis can be done by spraying low doses of copper (have to be careful with phytotoxicity) and/or oxytetracycline.

Thank you so much.

1 Like