New member from Chicago

Thanks, I live right by gethsemane nursery in Andersonville.

Quinn, how big is your loquats tree, bear fruits yet? I have a two-year lseeding oquats tree in pot, grows very bIg leaf but no flowers. I am wondering when it starts to grow fruits

This is my loquat tree. I was really suprised how tough loquat can be; it was in a full shade spot in my yard in severely compacted soil. Did not drop even a single leaf even when the temps drop to 30 F. I just repotted in much better quality soil and moved it inside. It is pushing out new growth in clusters, which right now I can’t tell if it’s new leaf or fruit buds.

My tree is only about 2 years old from a small airlayer, but since mine is from a mother tree instead of seed I am not so sure about yours. Usually loquat is a 3-5 year wait from seed.

2 Likes

Very inspiring. do you have specialized grow light set for all of them?

I actually just use a set of 3 1000 watts led lights throughout winter. During most of September I move all my plants and trees under my balcony which shades about 90% of the sunlight. They are mostly fully adjusted to shade before I bring them inside the basement.

1 Like

I love your enthusiasm. This is inspiring what you’re able to do with limited space.