New members

@scottfsmith is there a way to force new members to enter zone and location? It is frustrating when people ask questions but there is no location information in their profile.

6 Likes

Unfortunately there is no way to force people to fill that out…

2 Likes

Is there canned instructions somewhere on how to do that? If there is, it would be reasonably easy for posters who run into a newbie asking a question who HASN’T entered that info to reply with a link to the canned instructions, and a request that they fill it out.

“I’ll help you if you give me the information I need” is a good incentive to post the information people need. Making it easy helps, too.

Just direct them to the FAQ under the three bars in the upper right, and the new members page there. It includes a description of how to change your zone. Thanks to @Olpea for making our new members FAQ!

1 Like

You can also find the FAQ’s for new members by clicking on the “Categories” tab at the top of the growingfruit.org home page. Then scroll down and select the “Guides” category. One of the topics there is “FAQ’s For New Members”.

Or just use the search function (magnifying glass) in the upper right hand corner and search for “FAQ’s For New Members”, and it will pull it up.

3 Likes