Orchard electric fence is done!

I will have to visit Sams and look at the fabric! Thx!

I know another guy who uses carpet as ground cover. When he has guests over he tells them they have to take their shoes off when they get to the carpet, lol. He puts his good side up though. He claims it works great. It doesn’t rot and lets water penetrate. He says you can contact carpet installers and get some nice removals for free that still look good or pick a color maybe.

1 Like

You could bury the Carpet in wood chips for a natural look with added water retention. Did it for years but eventually there was a really big mess of string to clean up. There are critters that live in there to eg. voles.

2 Likes

I also experienced the joys of a messy carpet cleanup after a few years in the garden. :confused:

1 Like

@Chris_in_GA Do you leave your electric fence as is for the winter? This is my first winter after adding electricity to my fence. I’m thinking about taking the charger out and bringing it indoors. Just wondering if anybody does that?
I use it for the groundhog who will soon hibernate and not bother me. So no need for it in the winter.

1 Like

Next step: bait the wire with peanut butter and grab a beer.

1 Like

No I do not Susa, I keep the charger on only when the fruit is close to ripening and unplug it after harvest is done. The chargers are very suseptible to shorting out from electrical surges, especially lighting strikes so I keep mine plugged in only when needed

3 Likes

Thank you. I will do the same.