Pear disease and Insect identification

If I were you, I would start with buying a bottle of Immunox from Home Depot and treat brown rot blossom blight on your pluerry and pear rust.

You need to spray them at a different time. To treat brown rot blossom blight, your first spray should be before flower buds are open and again at petal fall.

To treat pear rust, the first spray should be at petal fall and may be 10-14 days later.

I am quite sure, it will help with pear rust.
If it helps with brown rot blossom blight, too, that’s good.
If not you may need to look for another fungicide like propiconazole (Bonide Infuse) or fenbuconazole (Indar). It is easier and cheaper to find and buy Bonide Infuse than Indar.

Every fungicide is not equal. One may work better on one fungal issue but not the other. If one fungicide could cure all, we would not have so much headache trying to figure out which one works well for what.

2 Likes

@mamuang I will follow for sure. Fruit trees is my soul. Watch them growing every day. Sleep better at night now. Thank you.

1 Like

You’re welcome.

My apology to @clarkinks for going off track as this is the thread about pear diseases, not stone fruit.

2 Likes

Thanks for your thoughts. I don’t think it is nutrient deficiency because of the distribution of color change but of course, I could be wrong. Also, the remainder of the tree is very healthy with good leaf color and excellent new growth though the fruit set is light this year on both the Shinko and the remaining limb of Jilin. We may never know. Last week I had the fence replaced with new posts and corral boards. When my helpers painted the posts, they cut off the sprout to paint easier. I hope it will regrow from the remaining part of the limb.
Here are more photos:
The first is a sprout that has recently grown at the tree base just a few inches from the original sprout that was removed. The lighter yellowish-green color is due to sunlight hitting those leaves. Photo was taken very early as the sun was just beginning to hit the area.

Here is the rapid new growth on the Jilin limb. It was cut back severely last year during our fireblight epidemic.
![JilinGrowth6_19_2023|690x916](upload://6Z4tCNscrqdCr3NPmuWN45sUM1g.jpeg
New growth on the Shinko.

Picture of the tree with the Jilin on the left.

1 Like

Photo of the Jilin growth did not come through.

1 Like