Pepper fertilizer

I tried Bhut Jolokia a couple years ago and they sprouted just fine for me, and I later planted them. The plant grew pretty well, and produced several pods that look like what they were supposed to. But to my shock they were not hot at all. Not even jalapeno hot. Very strange.

Hottest pepper I ever grew was a Bubblegum 7 pot, and a white 7 pot was close to that. Made my pores in my face burn it was so hot. I like the hot peppers but these were scorchers. My wife just shook her head watching me eat those and suffer for it.

subdood, you need to try some actual hot peppers. The kind that can’t even be cut inside the house!

Seriously, I can’t eat the super hots. They nail me on the wall and hang me out to dry. I grow them to sell the seed and to occasionally scare somebody who thinks they are a serious pepper eater.

Several years ago, I grew some scorching hot Bhut Jolokia peppers. I gave some to a friend who took them to work where a Mexican guy bragged about loving hot peppers. He ate habanero peppers like you or I would eat an apple. My friend took them in and handed the bag to the Mexican guy who smiled, took one out of the bag and proceeded to eat it like candy. About a minute later he got a scrunched up look on his face and made a mad dash to a water fountain to get some relief. The water fountain was up 3 flights of stairs and down a long hallway. He came back about half an hour later and said “Them are some HOT peppers”.

If super hot peppers are grown in near drought conditions, they get hotter than fire. We had a drought that year so my peppers were well above normal Bhut heat levels.

Oh 7-pots are plenty hot, the two I had were supposedly over a million Scovilles. I’ve had habaneros and they aren’t nearly as bad as these were. Another under rated hot pepper for me was Bulgarian Carrot.

Don’t know why my Bhut’s weren’t hot, the other hot peppers in the patch were their normal hot-ness.

Genetics did it. You either got seed that was not Bhut Jolokia or else had crossed with a different variety. There is a C. Chinense called Zavory that has zero heat.

feed them fish fertilizer!!

1 Like

It liked the garden and the warm weather we have been having

1 Like

The Pepper Geek on YouTube has done a couple video’s on fertilizer comparisons.

1 Like

I just planted some peppers today. I struggled last year, so I am hoping this year will be a success. I just want some salsa. :drooling_face:

1 Like

I left this butch t in a flower pot, it’s going to start blooming any day now

1 Like

I gave all of mine my own compost, these are peppers from last year, they seem to perk up. Not only that I also got one from my own compost.

2 Likes