Pick Your Pic 2023

6 Likes

12 Likes

Not a fruit photograph, but this one just makes me feel serene.

14 Likes

Standing in front of our 7ft tall sunflowers, with and without the cat…

13 Likes

BTW, what happened to the members photo thread? I looked for it and it seems to have disappeared.

1 Like

Can you access it?

Hope you will post you pic with the cat there.

2 Likes

I can from your link, but it says this-

UNLISTED 4 DAYS AGO with your avatar next to it

But, I can’t find it in the “Pictures” thread. Weird. Was I shadow banned from it or something?

1 Like

Let’s ask @scottfsmith how to fix it for you.

Scott - could you please hell? Thanks!!!

2 Likes

A lot of thread you can’t see for some reason.

2 Likes

The sunflowers have not down growing yet it can be twice your heights.
Your cat looks so much like my tom cat. He was a extremely skilled outdoor cat. He died in sickness years ago. I missed him a lot.

4 Likes

Yeah, they haven’t formed a head on them yet, so they ought to get taller. I’m trying to keep them weeded and mulched. I may have to use some tobacco sticks to help anchor them. They are called Mammoth, so I expect them to get even bigger.

Sorry about your kitty. Our cat is 4 years old, he’s a real character. We’ve had lots of cats here on the farm, but they would eventually leave and not come back. He’s stayed the longest, by far. We tried to be closer with him when he was a kitten so he wouldn’t wonder off. He has left for a few days, but he was never gone more than a couple days. He’s also a very good hunter, he’s caught mice, moles, birds, chipmunks even a rabbit.

2 Likes

Tippy it said you unlisted it. You must have clicked something to hide it by mistake. I re listed it.

3 Likes

Thanks. I can see it in the list again. I’ll repost on that thread.

1 Like

Sorry for the accidental mistake. Thank you for your help.

2 Likes

I grew mammoth sunflower before. It can easily reach 10’ and beyond. The flower is huge. Squirrels will be very happy to harvest for you , so do the birds.
My cat was an abandoned cat in Starved Rock State Park. We knew he was abandoned because he was sprayed and well behaved cat. It seemed to me that his previous owner treated him well and trained him well. He was a mentally balanced cat. While we was visiting the park, walking on the trails, we sit down taking a water break, he was nearly and walked towards my daughter. He sit on her lap letting her pet him. They made connection ! He wanted to go home with us and my daughter wanted him to go home with us. I had no choice but to take him home. It turned out that was one of right decisions I made in my life. He was a great cat indoor and outdoor. We kept door opened a big enough slot so that he could go outside and came home freely. Most time he was home at night, he hunt around down, but occasionly he was not home past midnight. I had to go out looking for him couple of times at midnight. Once I found him was cornered by a raccoon.Luckily it was just few houses down the street and he called for help. Somehow I heard his voice so I rushed out and chased the raccoon away.
Your missing cats might not want to leave you volunteerly, rather, they might have encountered other animals and were hunted down by bigger animals. Sadly to say that. The one you have now very likely is a cat with stronger physical strength and smarter brain. He dodged many dangers in the wild world and is still with you.
Ever since my cat passed away, I have been looking for a cat to replace him. But I have not yet found a cat that makes special bond with my family.

5 Likes

What a nice story about your kitty, thanks for sharing. Hope you find another furry friend soon.

Yeah, I’m thinking they don’t come back because they get in a fight and don’t make it out alive, get sick or maybe just find another home. This cat has been in scraps before, because part of his ear is missing, just a little piece of it. Because of that I call him “Nick” sometimes. He’s a tough little guy, to live outside on a farm for over 4 years says something about his tenacity.

3 Likes

9 Likes

I started some cucumbers to replace my initial plants that are dying. One of the seedlings forgot to turn green.

5 Likes

My white veggie, new to me this year.

11 Likes

Like a white jewel. Lovely.

1 Like