Pick Your Pic 2023

Perfect, that answers my question. I’d also rather go simple (and economical).

2 Likes

3 Likes

I didn’t get a chance to hand pollinate my Overleese Pawpaw this year.While looking at the branches though,a fruit cluster is growing.There is a Kentucky Champion,growing fairly close,but there were no flowers.So,the tree is probably,partially self fertile.Hopefully they will grow to maturity.

5 Likes

Stacked some dandelions and took this photo during a rainy day in the orchard.

18 Likes

I love that shot @SMC_zone6.

Here is a blackberry brain

5 Likes

Bumblebee on a newly planted crab apple on a trellis. Always like seeing native pollinators.

9 Likes

cute!

1 Like

I agree. Love the bumblebees! Your post reminded me that I snapped a pic while my Sugar Pearls apricot was in bloom.

17 Likes

9 Likes

With some Amadiocots,I’m trying one of the hacks that @mamuang used for protecting ripening fruit.A long plastic bread type bag with perforations.Maybe they should have additional,individual nylon footies or organza bags,to disguise them more?

7 Likes

I grafted Amadiocot 3 years in a row to peach trees. None of them took, unfortunately.

2 Likes

Have any other varieties?If wanted,I should have some wood for 2024.What’s that saying,4th time is the charm?

2 Likes

I have a Tomcot. Thanks.

1 Like

11 Likes

Mamuang’s Folly (AKA Nikita’s Gift)

This persimmon is such a heartbreaker.
@mamuang

6 Likes

The sun midday, over moonglow pear during canada fire smoke

9 Likes

It did not wake up this year.!!! Planted in 2015. Died 2023. The most frustrating fruit tree I have ever grown.

4 Likes

I spilled some homemade compost when gardening on patio, so there be tomato and various squash/pumpkin sprouting. This is a photo of a male flower. Iris that came back after being dug up are not as white as they used to be, more colorful. This year since my peach mini carnations have done well through 115 degree heat and long periods of no water, I am planting many more carnations and pinks. I really would enjoy some that are standard sized blossoms with long stems, but nursery does not carry any.

5 Likes

I saw this guy’s video about propagating Fig cuttings and decided to try it.It has been a little over a week.Hopefully in about a month there will be some roots.

How to Root Fig Cuttings : A Better Propagation Method - YouTube

4 Likes

might sseem small to many, but it’s early for them here and it made me happy today. I planted 4 varieties this year and had very low expectations. they’re hard for me to grow usually.

udumlet eggplant

4 Likes